All Topics / Help Needed! / physically viewing property

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of aleealee
    Participant
    @alee

need your advice….i have sourced a good investment property in qld which i am very interested in, the problem is im in nsw and its very far away to view. its tenented at the moment and is on the cheaper side of the scale. if i weren’t to physically view it before making an offer would this be naive, stupid of me??? i would of course carry out all necessary searches and building reports on the place following exchange.

also is it true that its hard to get finance if a unit is less than 50sqm???

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I buy property without viewing. Just send in a valuer or building inspector or both to do a report for you with digital photos.

Regarding less than 50sqm, it is hard but not impossible in most cases.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

Definately get the property inspection done by a builder or valuer!

You don’t necessarily have to view it yourself – and the inspection report will tell you more than you will see with your own eyes.

Buying the property can be naive/risky, but it’s been done before. Though not by myself!

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Profile photo of Mark KelmanMark Kelman
    Participant
    @mark-kelman

If you aren’t going to view the property yourself, make sure you have complete trust in the professionals you use to carry out your due diligence for you.

If you haven’t used a particular building inspector before, I wouldn’t use one unless they came well recommended by someone you can trust who has used them in the past.

I’ve been suprised what inspectors have missed (or didn’t think were important enough to bring to my attention) on properties I have viewed myself…

On the other hand it is true, they possibly / probably have a lot more experience than you do. But it’s your money you are spending, so don’t rush into anything!

Profile photo of PeterMPeterM
    @peterm

Hi alee – welcome to the Forum

I have also bought property sight unseen through a Buyers Agent.

The Buyers Agent conduted the initial search and due dilgence and provided photo’s etc. I then organised a building inspection to be done.

I did however go with them on their first purchase for me, so had a level of confidence in their service.

It costs, but in my case was the most expedient option.

BTW be sure to check the dldg report thoroughly. One I had done was a 1 page report saying “I checked everything and it looks OK”!

You get what you pay for – dont be afraid to ask them to go back and check specifics – I’d suggest Steve’s Buywer Beware resource as a guide on what to get them to check.

[cap]

Profile photo of NLC BrokerNLC Broker
    @nlc-broker

I maybe the one you want to reach..My name is Marvin Joseph (Mortgage Consultant).
    If you are currently looking for financing
    I have a variety of loans including friendly investment loans.
    Working with 150 financial institutions in the U.S.
    Freel free to call me for an evaluation between
    the hours of 11am-7pm Eastern Standard time
    Good Luck

Marvin Joseph

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Marvin, you are a champion!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.