All Topics / Finance / Lines of Credit. Who has the cheapest.

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)
  • Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Oh, and by the way, I will provide that proof you so hungrily seek face to face if that is OK? We are dealing with sensitive information and contacts.

We are all made from Stars.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

I told you I will send you business if you could prove it. I am also happy to shout you and your clients to a night out if you can get a BDM from HomeSide to email me at [email protected] and confirm that you settled a Line Of Credit without an introductory rate at the rate you stated following the last interest rate increase.

If you cannot prove this, just send $500 to a charity of your choice and send me the receipt in your name to PO Box 526 Coogee NSW 2034. Don’t worry, it will be deductible for you!!!!

If through some act of God I lose, I will sit here dreaming!!!

DO WE HAVE A BET?

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

@robbie-b

I almost forgot one important condition….

You must publicly post your company name, personal name and a point of contact so I can directly contact you before this bet is active just so I know and everyone else knows who I am making a bet with.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Sorry, just want to return to the topic.

What’s the best LOC rate, 80% LVR, around $200K, freestanding houses, for family trust with company trustee (directors incomes to service etc).??

Thanks
    skippygirl :)

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

We shall meet face to face, my terms my conditions, if you want it so bad big boy then we meet face to face. I shall have contracts in hand. Deal or no deal?

@robbie-b

Salubrious, I am happy to meet you face to face anytime you want. Unfortunately, the only actual ‘proof’ I will accept regarding the loan is contact from HomeSide that is legitimate. An email from your BDM is more than sufficient.

Why will you not post your details here? We do need people to know who is making the bet so the truth about what transpires will come out. Agreeing to your terms will result in you not showing up and coming back on here saying you showed me the proof and I did not pay my side of the bet and a petty slinging match will result.

As I said before, I do not trust people on the internet who hide behind their screen. If you are such a champion at getting such cheap loans, why not publicly announce who you are. I guarantee you will be inundated with business unless you are not being truthful whereby your business details will appear in the ‘avoid like the plague’ lists.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Isn’t this great??? See what competition the mortgage broking broking industry is creating?

I must admit… 0.82% interest rate discount for a LOC > $250k is the best deal I have seen. Does the discount exist for the life of the loan? Did the client have other borrowings with HomeSide?

Cheers

Stu

@robbie-b

Stu, I am interested in seeing the discount over 500k as the 0.82% discount was restricted to 250-500k.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

Why offer such a large discount when you don’t have to – no other lender is.

St George – 0.70% > $250k
    Westpac – 0.70% > $250k
    CBA – 0.70% > $750k
    BankWest – 0.75% > $750k

So why offer 0.82% if no one else is. All you need to offer is 0.75% to beat everyone else.

Salubrious, is there something we’re missing?

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of skippygirlskippygirl
    @skippygirl

Anyone??

Or would a mortgage broker like to PM me if they think they know the answer?

Cheers

skippygirl :)

@robbie-b

Skippy, your question has been answered. Why don’t you go speak with a mortgage adviser? I personally don’t like giving out lender names who I think have the best product as people have a tendency of going direct. What area are you in? Maybe an adviser here can meet with you.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

@salubrious
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

Salubrious, I am happy to meet you face to face anytime you want. Unfortunately, the only actual ‘proof’ I will accept regarding the loan is contact from HomeSide that is legitimate. An email from your BDM is more than sufficient.

Why will you not post your details here? We do need people to know who is making the bet so the truth about what transpires will come out. Agreeing to your terms will result in you not showing up and coming back on here saying you showed me the proof and I did not pay my side of the bet and a petty slinging match will result.

As I said before, I do not trust people on the internet who hide behind their screen. If you are such a champion at getting such cheap loans, why not publicly announce who you are. I guarantee you will be inundated with business unless you are not being truthful whereby your business details will appear in the ‘avoid like the plague’ lists.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Well I don’t really care what you want to accept Rob, you want the cake and eat it as well, no deal. I am not a champion of writing cheap loans as you suggest, I simply obtained a deal for a good mate, “a loan, not loans”.

I also am not in the business of writing loans as my lifeblood Rob; so don’t feel threatened bud, its Ok.

Also, what happened to the days when a deal was a deal, I am a man of my words and do not need to twist the truth, especially in light of the fact that you instigated the Spanish inquisition!

Breath………

I also wanted to add that I have frequented your site and would like to say that it is a wealth of information and a credit to you, I truly respect you for what you do. But please understand that I did not answer the question to beat my chest, it was something that literally fell in my lap a few hours before I viewed the original posting.

As for being ambiguous on this forum? I do not see the need to advertise on this forum as some do, I have more than enough clientele to work for on any given day and not looking to expand at this stage. If that changes, then the PI forumites will be the first to know. Is that a fair enough reason?

Finally, I just wanted to say that I am enjoying the sparring immensely!

Best Regards,

Salubrious [blink]

@robbie-b

I totally enjoy a good debate as well. Unfortunately, I can not give credit to anyone who states something I believe to be untrue (as do others) and refuses to prove it. I am happy to meet with you or have you call me to demonstrate your claim but I will not bet with you until you come out from hiding behind the screen.

I appreciate your comments regarding my website. As for advertising for work, this is not my intention either. I believe you will be hard pressed to find anyone I have agreed to do a loan for from this forum. I get asked via email and phone numerous times a day but I only provide information because I enjoy doing it.

My signature is there to support my comments and so people know I am not someone who makes things up or who can disappear when the going gets tough. My signature also puts my credibility out there for public scrutiny with every post. You do not take such risks as has been demonstrated once challenged (not that you have to).

I am winding down my mortgage broking business and moving into a large financial organisation in the near future but I will continue providing advice through another website and on forums. The existing website will just be a splash page to the new site. The closest I will come to writing loans in the future will be advising as to structure and providing a referral to another broker who is not affiliated with me through any business structure although I may get some commission if a borrower wants a referral.

I was serious about giving you leads IF you could demonstrate your claim.

Anyway, until the next big debate.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Profile photo of Richard TaylorRichard Taylor
    Participant
    @qlds007

Hi Robert

Would you like to post the copy of the email you got from the Homeside BDM showing us the interest rate quoted.

I am a sceptic but am always happy to be proved wrong.

Cheers Richard
    richard at castlewhite.com.au
    Email me for details of our Qld wrap CD which gives you a full Installment Contract.

Richard Taylor | Australia's leading private lender

@robbie-b

I never received an email Richard. Salubrious has declined to support his claim with any real evidence. However, he has now stated this was a one off single event which I also doubt with rates at current levels.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Participant
    @qlds007

Robert

It was probably a special one off rate because of who Salub new. One in which they waived the establishment fees and agreed to cover his purchase costs and stamp duty on this deal.

The BDM was probably told not to tell anyone as it was a special one off. All other friends would need to be referred to other institutions and negotiate a similar deal with other of Salubs BDM mates.

Cheers Richard
    Email me for details of our Qld wrap CD which gives you a full Installment Contract.

@robbie-b

Hey Richard, I did a loan for a mate with a major lender at 3% per annum and they only borrowed $100,000. I think I can get 2.5% if they borrow more. The lender said they were happy to make a loss as long as my mate was happy. They said that they would sort out the shareholders who had to wear the loss so it was not a problem.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Participant
    @qlds007

Great Robert

I would ask you to let me see a copy of the offer letter but i guess your sworn not to show as it was a special deal and you oouldn’t reveal your sources.

Maybe next time I need a loan at 3% if i ask you nicely could you do a ring around to pull in another favour.

Cheers Richard

@salubrious

“I totally enjoy a good debate as well. Unfortunately, I can not give credit to anyone who states something I believe to be untrue (as do others) and refuses to prove it.”

Did I refuse?

You guys are quite the comics yeah? Heres a tip, dont give up your day jobs.

See you sooner rather than later Robbo…..

@robbie-b
    Originally posted by Salubrious:

See you sooner rather than later Robbo…..

Is this some kind of veiled threat? Please let me know so I can quake in my boots.

Salubrious, professionals do not make comments regarding an achievement unless they can back it up. This is not considered professional at all.

Regarding you only willing to prove your claim by meeting in person to show me some loan documents, this is ludicrous. There are much easier and less time consuming ways to do this as much as I am happy to meet with anyone for lunch or whatever. Also, don’t forget to get a Privacy Act form signed by your client to show me the documents.

I know that no-one here needs to prove anything to anyone else, but when you spit out an unqualified claim like yours when other professionals are providing factual responses, you must expect to be challenged. If you are in fact telling the truth, I will be the first to dig into some humble pie.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

Investor Links

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 47 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.