All Topics / Help Needed! / Selling Land Privately

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of roborobo
    @robo

Hi,
    Can anyone tell me to sell a block of land privately, do I need to have a solicitor do a contract before I list it or can I wait until I have a buyer.
    Thanks
    robo

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I really think this depends on the state the land is in.

You will probably need a solicitor anyway so why not call some now and pose this question to them?

Remember to shop around as the fees can vary enormously.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

If you find a good one, let me know.

I think in most States, as is required in NSW, you need a property contract prepared prior to offering a property for sale. The first think a potential buyer will ask for is a copy of the contract. I think a solicitor will be needed to prepare this for you.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

Hi,
    You can get the DIY Conveyancing kit from http://www.diyconveyancingkits.com.au/index.html
    You can get one specific to your state for about $60. It comes with all the forms you need and a manual that tells you everything that needs to be done and give references to government departments and such.

I’ve used it to purchase and I’m currently using it to sell. If nothing else it give you all the info about the process so that when you engage a solicitor you have a bit of a heads-up on what’s going on.

You don’t need any particular qualification to sell your own property or buy property for yourself, you just need a brain like a sponge and a bit of free time.

Personally I love learning and love doing things myself where practical.

Surrey.

Profile photo of theBuildingSurveyortheBuildingSurveyor
    @thebuildingsurveyor

You will need a solicitor to hold the deposit monies if you dont use a REA.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Thanks for the link surrey… good stuff!

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

Investor Links

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

In Victoria you don’t need a solicitor to hold the deposit in trust. You may open an account in the names of the vendor and seller to hold the deposit until release.

However, unless the property is of very low value it is probably easier to use a solicitor to hold the deposit in trust.

I’m selling, for example, a $10,000 storage unit and the fees for solicitors to hold the, at best, $1,000 deposit for the short time it takes to settle would not make a great deal of sense.

Surrey.

Profile photo of penguinchickpenguinchick
    @penguinchick

I sold land in NSW privately. I priced it reasonably and price was not negotiable. Anybody who called I gave the name of my solicitor who had unconditional contact (that is used by Real Estate agents) ready. Every caller was told that who comes first to solicitor and sign the contract, land is theirs. Land was sold in a week.
    Good luck.
    Cheers,
    Daniela

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.