All Topics / Help Needed! / Calling all Dubbo Experts

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of flavs_75flavs_75
    @flavs_75

Hi All,

Im in the process of doing my “due diligence” with 5 properties located in Dubbo. As I do not know Dubbo area I was hoping if people will be able to share their thoughts on the area based on the street they are located.

What Im looking for is a heads up if they are located in a young family neighbourhood, or a high crime area, if theres vandalism in the area and how far are they from the centre of Dubbo ie shops.

The houses are located in the following streets:

* Bishop Street
    * Spence Street
    * Yulong Street
    * Yaruga Street
    * Catherine Drive

Thanking you in advance for your input.
    Flavio

Profile photo of pasandbecpasandbec
    @pasandbec

Hi,

I live in the close vicinity of Dubbo and can tell you that those streets are located in the North/West part of Dubbo which is the ‘yucky’ (so to speak) part of town. The whole of Dubbo is a bit drab bit this area is particularly so. Tenants will most likely be from the lower socio-economic group so there might be problems with rent being paid and the condition of the premises being kept in good order.

I often wonder, about these areas, if only a group of investors could get together, buy the whole area up, renovate/improve all the houses, and we’d be set!!

BTW, I would be interested in doing this!

pasandbec

@pasandbec

Bishop Street may be alright…

Profile photo of flavs_75flavs_75
    @flavs_75

Thanks pasandbec.

Its good to know these things.

I too would be interested to go in as a group investor to renovate/improve the area.

Its definately a problem! [wink]

@pasandbec

Well my partner and I could buy 1 property.

How many could you buy?

Anyone else interested???

pasandbec

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Hi Flavs,
    I won’t call myself a Dubbo expert but I do have an IP in Dubbo South.

We drove to Dubbo and had a good look around the areas and I have to agree with pasandbec that out of those streets, Bishop street would be the best option.

All the other streets you mention are situated in the furthest NW corner closest to the airport. After talking to someone who works for the council it became clear to me that the properties for sale here are mostly ex-housing commission houses and it is kind of a problem area.
    Bishop street appeared to be a nice, quiet street and still not too far from shops and schools.

As a visitor, I did like Dubbo’s relaxed atmosphere- there were many people relaxing near the river, and there is a beautiful golf course on the other side of the river near the zoo as well.

Anyway, I have not encountered any problems with tenants so far, but I must say that the agency I am with looks after the house beautifully.[buz2]

Celivia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.