All Topics / Help Needed! / How do i ensure my view would not be blocked

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of bacchubacchu
    Participant
    @bacchu

I am going to offer on a block of land ….it is on a slopy block with views….my only hesitation is that the view might get built out. There are no buildings currently beside the block i am interested in so it is becoming difficult to get an idea …what do you suggest…can i hire a professional to ensure that my view would not be built out if my neigbour builds to the building height limit of the council ? Are there any such professionals who can advise on such issues as well ?

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Bacchu,

It is unlikely you will be able to ensure 100% that your view is not built out. You should get advice from a town planner as to what could possibly be built next door. Planning laws could offer you some protection, but not 100%.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

Zonings are very annoying. What may be zoned for 1 storey development may change to 2 or more storey developments in a few years. The closest thing available to certainty these days is to be right on the waterfront but they may come up with some new invention for floating blocks of units down the track. :)

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

[email protected]

Investor Links

Profile photo of theBuildingSurveyortheBuildingSurveyor
    @thebuildingsurveyor

Hire a cherry picker and place it on the adjoining block to the maximum building envelope. However over time trees may grow beyond this height. Unfortunatly in most cases you do not own the view.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

bacchu,

If you’re buying for the views only… it’s probably a mistake- as others have said, you can’t guarantee your own view. Check out the local Council papers going back a year (you can do this online) and see if there are any developments going on around you. Many views get blocked out by other properties going up aroudn them, or (God forbid) trees! That’s progress!

kay henry

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

Check the governing local council’s LEP (Local Environment Plan) and also it’s DCP (Development Control Plan). This should tell you the zoning and building regulations for the land you are referring to.

Also consult council staff (town planners) on any interpretations you may be unsure of.

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.