All Topics / General Property / Is the US bubble about to burst?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi All,

Some investors are now looking to the US for big yields on IP’s so I thought that they may be interested in reading this article…

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north366.html

Cheers, Nobleone. :D

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel

Another great Gary North atricle!

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Like in a football match, in the economy there are two team of players, a referee and lots of public. Players come in all shape and form, some are better than others, some get hurt, even killed, yet they have something in common. They all play.

If you listen intently at the public most seem to know a lot about the game….yet they themselves do not play.

There is a third more despicable species though, the commentators. They not only do not play, but whilst they pocked sizable portion of money for talking a lot of hot air, they go further in telling you all the problems associated with each player why is it that they are so wrong and bad, and fall just short of stating they would do better…..yet they do not.

Economy commentators are worst than economist since they do not even attempt at emulating economist by making disparaging claims for future events based on projection of historic past, but they content themselves with reporting the bad and the ugly in downturn markets and the good and the lovely in up moving markets. A pathetic drum beat that goes where the wind blows and could be reduced to a few onomatopoeic sounds like Uuu, Aaa, Eee.
    Thank God that the economy is made by doers and not bla bla bla’ers and that there are many doers still around.
    http://www.chosen4u.com/?ace

“What you want in your life occasionally shows up…
    what you must have… always does.”
    . . . . . Doug Firebaugh
    May God Prosper you.[biggrin]
    Marc

@waynel

Hot air?

I notice you seem to be continuously hoisted on your own petard.

In your petulant attack on what is a well thought out and written opinion, you have once again made a baseless presumption, that our friend Mr North does not actually participate in the game of life. Unless of course you are privy to his affairs and know something of his economic activity the rest of us don’t.

This article, had I the writing skills, is something that I could have written myself. And you could, and probably would, have presumed the same about me as I don’t disclose my details.

You would be wrong again!!!!

Profile photo of supermansuperman
    @superman

Our house finally listed last Thursday! The US started to slow a bit early this year, but in the last month [lmao]. We have 21 offers as of today, that’s 4 days. Yes you read that correctly [biggrin]. My wife and I are obviously thrilled and hoping the escrow goes well.

We listed slightly (say 2%) under market value so as to inflate demand. But with this many people, this much demand, I think the US has a bit to go. Maybe 6 months more of mania? 6 more silly months until noone at all can afford? Possibly these the dying thrashes of the market, like a fish thrown on the deck of a boat? But wow, 21, we listed low to get maybe 5, so we could better bargain for a short lease-back. That’s SoCal for you.

Participant
    @1winner
    This article, had I the writing skills, is something that I could have written myself.

Well there you go! this is something I can agree with.[biggrin]
    PS
    Petard? you do have writing skills….
    and I should have said “releasing CO2” in stead of hot air [blink]

. . . . . Doug Firebaugh
    Marc

@waynel

>>>>petard<<<<

Going way off at a tangent here, but for those unfamiliar with the word, this is quite amusing:

Word History: The French used pétard, “a loud discharge of intestinal gas,” for a kind of infernal engine for blasting through the gates of a city. “To be hoist by one’s own petard,” a now proverbial phrase apparently originating with Shakespeare’s Hamlet (around 1604) not long after the word entered English (around 1598), means “to blow oneself up with one’s own bomb, be undone by one’s own devices.” The French noun pet, “fart,” developed regularly from the Latin noun pditum, from the Indo-European root *pezd-, “fart.”

Cheers

Participant
    @1winner

So when I was talking about CO2 you were talking about CH4 hum, certainly more inflamatory[suave2]

. . . . . Doug Firebaugh
    Marc

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.