All Topics / Help Needed! / Need suggestions for buying property in Melbourne

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of luckyrobbieluckyrobbie
    @luckyrobbie

Hi all:
    As a new immigrant to Melbourne, sometimes I want to buy a proper property of which type is unit or house. However what make me hard to get start is I have no clue about it. whatever, so many fators
    related have to be considered such as the public security, circumstance, price and so on. And a new starter with limited money will also expect to move into a more graceful house in a few years.

Who can give me some advice? Which suburb is more suitable for me? Forgot to mention that I would put less than $300k into the property.

Good day!

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5

like any investment that one makes, you need to do significant research and due diligence to find out the type of things you want to know. as far as which area, you ain’t really going to get those type of answers here. where you buy is really a question of affordability etc. why not start with the area where you are currently living?? not a bad idea also to scour the various websites selling property or picking up some real estate magazines advertising property.

good luck,

Eric

Profile photo of landt64landt64
    Participant
    @landt64

Hi Lucky robbie
    as Neo said you really need to figure a fair bit out for yourself. Maybe you could narrow a few areas down that you think you’d like to live in and then us Melbournites can let you know whether they’re good areas or not. Please feel free to PM me if you find an area you’d like to know more about.
    Landt.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Robbie,

Welcome to Australia and also to the forum.

Are you wanting to buy a property to live in or as an investment. This is an important piece of information as your needs will be slightly different.

If you are wanting something to live in I would suggest find an area that you are personally comfortable with and rent a property in the area for 6 months. This will give you ample opportunity to find out for yourself whether or not the suburb suits you and your needs.

If you like the area then you can extend your lease by a further 12 months and really get to know the area. While looking around you will get to know the market and you will start to recognise good deals when they are available.

You will also find that it is cheaper to rent than buy in most suburbs at the moment – so your levels of savings should also benefit by some time as a tenant.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of luckyrobbieluckyrobbie
    @luckyrobbie

Hi neo, landt and derek:
    As neo said thats right It really make sense to do some significant research from others or agents. I will do :)

Landt, Thanks for your warmhearted acceptance. Once I get an interested area I shall PM you my feeling and wish you can send more info about the place.

Rent for 6-12 months to get to know the area and then make decision, Derek made an absolutely good idea to me. Yes, its cheaper to rent than buy a property, so lots of persons would rather rent a house for a long time than but it. Does that mean it’s not necessary for me to buy real estate at the moment?

Profile photo of cattcatt
    Participant
    @catt

Hi Robbie. Welcome to Melbourne. You are in a very enviable position and if you play your cards right you should do very well for your self. People have advised that rather than jumping into the market you test the water.Better to wait untill you have some market knowledge so that you can make informed choice.You need to think about where you will be working.What is your lifestyle. Are you wanting to be in close or enjoy a bit of quiet. If your buying as an investment or with personal requirments. It would be unfortunate if you bought and then had to sell because you decided it wasnt right for you because there are lots of costs.Keep an eye on this sight and you will learn heaps. Best of luck John.

John Groeneveld

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.