All Topics / Creative Investing / GETTING CREATIVE… ‘YA GOTTA LAUGH’

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of brownbearbrownbear
    Participant
    @brownbear

I really like to read of interesting/funny purchases and of how things can be turned around to create CF+ investments. Are there any good ones out there……. mine is this….
    In our local light industrial area a block of five factory bays with a caretaker unit on top has been sitting for some time vacant and no sign of life. After inquiring finally found that the developer was willing to sell and we have negotiated the purchase of the large two bedroom caretakers unit which has now been stratered off (how I don’t know…bad council) The unit can be converted easily to a three bedroom init and the main problem was who would live in a unit in the middle of a light industrial estate. Having thought earlier; “here is this unit, brand new, and what could it be used for that would give a great return?”. To cut a very long story short I saw that in this area one thing that was lacking was a good up market brothel. After much homework and negotiations with the council I have had the brothel approved as the building was zoned for it (and other things)
    The governing body for sex workers has found a large number of willing, cashed up quality tenants. It’s all go!!!!.
    Property cost $200K + costs….. leased for 5 yrs with 3yr option, CPI, paying all outgoings,good bond.Rental negotiated at $800pw + GST.
    Ive got the best looking tenants in town, and they pay cash!!!!! SO WHAT’S AVAILABLE IN YOUR TOWN AND HOW CAN YOU CHANGE AN ORDINARY INV INTO A GREAT ONE JUST BY FINDING A NEED AND FILLING IT. [biggrin]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Good work.

Councils are no longer allowed to take a moral stand and discriminate against brothels!

Do you own a pink cadelac?

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

Property $200 000, annual rent $40 000, rental yield 20%… I wanna brothel too![satan]

Profile photo of brownbearbrownbear
    Participant
    @brownbear

Well no, no pink cady, what about a red jeep, not that flash. No feebies either.
    Another one I am working on is a group of 4 smaller adjoining factory bays, close to commercial retail and I am trying to put together a group of similar retailers that can advertize, and promote the block as a warehouse outlet specializing in the field they are in ….say electronics, clothing etc. If I can get some good tenants together. Purchase the property on a delayed settlement and if the yield is sufficient hold or if not sell the bays, maybe to the retailer or an investor got to think about the exit stratergy more…..anyway maybe that’s the next one. It’s in my local area as well….I like to think of myself as a reasonable ‘investment detective'[biggrin]

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

Love your work!!

Great creative ideas that work a treat. I suppose you’ve created a win-win-win-win-win situation…

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.