All Topics / Help Needed! / Can’t get House/Floor Plan

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1

I am purchasing a property to settle in a couple of months. The real estate agent said there is no floor plan for the house, as I purchased it before auction date. The vendor does not have the plan, nor I am told would the council have a plan.

The house is 15 years old. Isn’t the RE agent supposed to provide this when you buy a house. Maybe a stupid question but how do I go about getting a house plan done.

Also I have not got a valuation. Should I rely on the BAnk???
    Do I have to get an architect to measure up the rooms and building???

Who do I call a house buster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can anyone advise me please.

Jules [blink]

JULES1
    Email Me

Profile photo of InvProp FinderInvProp Finder
    @invprop-finder

There are a number of companies that will come to your house and measure and create a new plan if you really need it. Your local RE agent should be able to give you the name and number of the local firm they deal with.
    In regards to the VAL, generally the banks have a good panel of valuers, but 99% of the time (Unless you have paid too much) the val will come in at the contract purchase price. Plenty of valuers around if you still feel the need. But rest assured, the Bank will let you know if there is a major problem with their VAL.

Good luck
    Ashley Hooker
    Compliant Investment Properties

Profile photo of nordicskiernordicskier
    @nordicskier

House plans – depends on the location and state.

First I would contact the local council. There will be a cost for copies…if building plans exist. If you receive a response that there are no building plans then send a letter to the Council’s General Manager. You need to ascertain the building has been legally completed. In NSW the document is called a section 149D certificate
    aka Building Certificate.
    Sometimes the admin in Councils is not up to scratch so the building file may have been mislaid.
    New plans can be drawn up by a Drafting Service – look in the Yellow Pages. Seek a couple of quotes. Check access to the property if it is tenanted.
    Good luck

Improve your nordic skiing – become an accredited instructor with http://www.apsi.net.au/nordic

Profile photo of Have_FunHave_Fun
    @have_fun

Why do you need a plan?

I have bought several late 60’s ex DHA houses with out plans supplied and the council didn’t have detailed plans either, only sewerage and drainage on block.

When I needed a plan to renovate my owner occupy house. I was able to acquire a site plan from a kind gentlemen from DHA of the same plan DHA house as mine from a different street address with very similar renovations to the ones I completed. Saved a lot of drafting / engineering costs.

Cheers
    Have_Fun

Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1

I need the plan so that I can work out the size and also want to add some extensions.

Good advice from all of you
    thankyou very much

Juls

JULES1
    Email Me

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.