All Topics / Help Needed! / property and rent

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Profile photo of NehalNehal
    @nehal

hello,
    i’d like to know if i could buy a huge propery 250m-260metres and build couple of houses in it and give that away to rent.
    Is that possible?
    what qualifications do i need?

Thanks
    Nehal

Nehal Rajan Singh

Profile photo of neo25x5neo25x5
    @neo25x5
    Profile photo of NehalNehal
    @nehal

but do i need any qualification/cerificates to do this?

Nehal Rajan Singh

Profile photo of theBuildingSurveyortheBuildingSurveyor
    @thebuildingsurveyor

Do you know ALi G Nehal He may be able to answer your question what ever that may be.

@nehal

lol..
    i know you think i’m dumb, but i’m not..
    Im just a 15 yr old boy who wants to get more information about property and rent to headstart my future…

L8ter

Nehal Rajan Singh

Profile photo of surreyhughes19905surreyhughes19905
    @surreyhughes19905

Hi,
    The best thing to do when trying to get into a field that is new to you is get some base understanding through a little research and reading.

Buy a book about real estate investing so you get the terminology and process concepts. That way when you phrase your questions you can use terms and figures that are meaningful to other investors.

In answer to your questions:
    You are asking if it is possible to buy a large bit of land and build multiple houses on it and then rent those houses (apartments?) out.

Yes this is quite a common practice and if managed well and planned well can be very profitable. However it is important to know that land is sold subject to restrictions on what can and can’t be built on it. Those restrictions are generally set down by the local council, though there are government departments that also can apply restrictions (like heritage listing or environmental sensitivity).

So to buy a block of land and build multiple units (or houses or whatever) you would need to:
    1. Find a place (city, town, suburb) that would be suitable.
    2. Find some land for sale.
    3. Contact the local council and perform some property searches and get the zoning information etc..
    4. Once you’ve found a block of land that is suitable for multiple dwelling development: either engage a development manager (a number of companies do this) or project manage for yourself (need to be pretty up to speed on a lot of things)
    5. get the units built.
    6. rent them out.

So a very simplified list, but the essesence is there. It’s not so much the qualifications you need as the qualifications of the people doing the building and the quality of the resulting building.

This is a very expensive type of project, as you could imagine. Building one house (I’m doing it now) costs hundereds of thousands of dollars let alone building multiple all at once!

So my best advice is go into a book store, go to the investment section and buy a book about real estate investment. That will give you a good run down of the words and terms and processes and concepts. Then hit the net and do some searches on stuff that you need more info about and ask directed questions here.

[biggrin]

@neo25x5

nehal, i’ve read a couple of your questions in the forums so far, and have to say that you will NOT get quality answers with the way your questions are being put to the forum. While I and many others on the forums congratulate your keen interest in property investment, I would strongly suggest speaking with a parent or other adult first and maybe get them to put to your fellow forum members the questions you want answered. But remember they must be specific questions. I’m afraid there really is no answer to questions like you’ve posted.

Good luck,
    Eric

Profile photo of bennidobennido
    Participant
    @bennido

Hi Nehal,

I am extremely impressed by your interest in investing as a 15 yo. God knows what I was doing at your age, probably more like hanging around the mall staring at chicks !

I would strongly recommend you start off by reading the book “Rich Dad Poor Dad” by Robert Kiyosaki.

It is written in a manner that is easily understood and portrays the investment philosophys and lessons that Robert acquired when he was not too far off your age.

Good luck and remember – NO question is a stupid question !

Profile photo of Ms.FudMs.Fud
    @ms.fud

Nehal, how would you intend to finance this? Very curious

“unitll you stalk and overun you cant devour anyone”

Profile photo of marsdenmarsden
    @marsden

My only bit of encouragement is that I was eighteen when I collected my first bit of rent.
    I wasn’t born rich but had a the ability to save enough of a deposit. Save money for a deposit and this activety alone will teach you the first step.

@nehal

ok…thanks pplz..i get it..

ok read this….. have you ever wonder who speaks thought in you?? not your brain… Brain just sends orders but who really speaks to your thoughts….
    just look at a blank wall and think about it?
    it could be your inner presence…
    but think about it carefully…

Nehal Rajan Singh

@neo25x5

you mean like the matrix???????? so thats what its all about. [weird] if only it were so easy though nehal, you know looking at blank wall. frankly i think something is not right here when a forum on property investment degenerates into some psycho mumbo jumbo……..

Profile photo of annemlanneml
    Participant
    @anneml

Shades of JackHu?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.