All Topics / Finance / Paying out a Default, will it help me?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of MrVipMrVip
    @mrvip

Hi Guys,
    The debt company had advised me that paying out the amount of debt would be the quickest and easiest way [as it would take then month to investigate] even though i have paid the full amount in one lump sum can the Finance Leneder still flick me off? or will they see that as a good thing that i have paid it off and pursue with the morgage papers on getting the home loan approved?

Thanks for the advice.

Damian

Profile photo of dothprotestdothprotest
    @dothprotest

Damian,

I goes against my grain to think that anyone would pay a debt that they do not owe, particularly when you made the effort to pay the sum out in the first place. It seems that the debt company is just trying to screw you again (and yes they would do that).

There are a number of options open to you. Firstly obtain a copy of your credit report. This can be done through Baycorp Advantage and costs about $20 for personal reports. The reports used to be free but I see that they are now charging for the reports. http://www.baycorpadvantage.com/

If there is an error on your report you should report it to Baycorp Advantage as soon as possible . The legislation allows them up to 30 days to clear the error but they reportedly can clear it much faster particularly if you can provide documentary evidence.

I would also contact the debt company and tell them that they should advise Baycorp to take you off the list immediately and if they do not report them to the ombudsman.

Of course all this depends on the amount of the debt. If it is relatively small then it may just be easier, although unpalatable, to pay the amount.

Hope this helps

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Paying a default will help your chances of a loan, but they may still reject you, depending on how good/bad your excuse is.

But there is not point in paying a debt that does not belong to you.

I would suggest you write to the company listing it and ask for copies of any proof (eg contracts etc) that you owe the debt.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of GrregGrreg
    @grreg

Damien!

A similar question was aked a while back and, as I recall, people in the finance industy suggested paying back the debt at the minimum amount per week – not as a lump sum. They said paying it back as a lump sum would not necesssarily help you get approval for a loan. (Try doing a search for it).

You can still get a copy of your credit report from baycorp advantage for free – but they won’t post it until 10 days have past. While if you pay the $27 you get the report that day.

Cheers,
    Greg

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Hi Damian,

Anything over $1,000 is going to be hard to push through. What LVR are you seeking?

You really don’t have much chance if it is unpaid, however you are saying it does not relate to you. I would be contesting it asap and keeping all documentation, you could provide that to the bank to prove that you are actively trying to pursue it and get it fixed.

Test the waters, see what the bank says if you say its not yours but you’ll pay it if it means getting the loan.

You should engage a broker to do it for you, a broker would be able to fight for your cause and pull as many strings as he/she can.

I don’t know how people do it on their own anymore…

Goodluck though,

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    1300 780 826

Profile photo of MrVipMrVip
    @mrvip

Hi Guys [biggrin]

Damians girlfriend here Nici. Just like to inform you all that we had payed out the outstanding debt which has enabled us to keep going forward with the loan. I had spoken to the loan lender and she said that everything is fine and she will process the papers.We had written a stat deck saying that its not out debt etc etc and we will be investiagting it further once everything has settled down getting re in-burst. But for now we couldnt let this drag out anymore so we just payed it to get things rolling again…….which thankfully it has. Just thought ill keep you guys updated and let you know everything is fine [blush2]

Caio [cap]

A guy on his horse rides into town on friday, three days later he leaves on friday, how can that be?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.