All Topics / Heads Up! / Kiyosaki

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Profile photo of leilei
    @lei

Hi im wondering if anyone has heard of the rich dad poor dad coaching programme that is being run from the USA. The outline of the programme sounds very good. ie establishing a plan gaining skills to establish a good team around you,advisors,accountants lawyers etc.The basis of this programme to help to getting your foot in the door in investing the right way. Has anyone done this and succesfully intergrated it within Australia. The cost is minimal compared to others ive sought in Perth and perth based groups dont seem to offer as much dialog or getting you out on your own as effectivly. Im interested in any feedback.

k

Profile photo of JULES1JULES1
    Participant
    @jules1

hi Lei
    I’ve heard of it and thought it would be excellent. Hoever I have been reading Steve’s books and going to his seminars and have found that sufficient. The cost of the Robert Kiyosaki (may have spelt it incorrectly) I thought was expensive. Also I was not sure about the amount of Australian content there was eg Tax Laws,etc. So that turned me off. There are some good seminars coming up this year with Steve and also the Reno Kings which talk about planning, developing teams, legals, etc. There are also some cds that Steve has which talk about planning and getting a good team of legal/accounting/real estate together. Just scan through the on line shop goodies.

Jules [biggrin]

JULES1
    Email Me

Profile photo of buzzwellsbuzzwells
    Participant
    @buzzwells

I think Kiyosaki does get many Australian professionals to assist with his courses that he runs here in OZ. Though the courses arean’t cheap.

That’s one thing I liked about Steve’s courses – the value. He doesn’t charge $5000 to attend. And he does give you loads of information.

Have you booked into one of Steve’s MasterClass yet? I did my first last Sunday in Sydney. The value was fantastic. I learned lots of information on strategies that are applicable to the Australian market.

I booked into the Melbourne Power workshop too. Can’t wait!

Learn, Love, Strive. Make a difference!

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Hi lei,

I attended one of Kiyosaki’s seminars last year in Melbourne. It’s not the coaching program you mention, but here are my thoughts on Kiyosaki. I think his books are great when starting out. I read a couple of his books in the begining which changed the way I see things. It made me realise that I don’t want to work till I’m old and that there are better and easier ways to make money!

Going back to his seminar, I thought it was a rip off (even though I had free tickets)! Sure he knows what he’s talking about, but when he spends 75% of the seminar trying to sell/promote his products, you have to question his motives. This coaching program of his might be good, I don’t know. But I think you’d be better off spending some money on books and also spend a lot of time reading through these forums. Also network with like-minded people as you learn a lot from people who are doing what you want to be doing.

Regards.
    Ozi

Profile photo of MarvinMarvin
    Participant
    @marvin

Yeah, I’m interested in the coaching program, but the costs is too much for me. If anyone has ever tried it, we’d like to hear your comments on it.

Btw, anyone here know who Rich Dad really is? In fact, does anyone know who Mike is? Robert Kiyosaki mentions going to seminars with Mike sometimes… that’s his friend whos father is Rich Dad.

Profile photo of oziozi
    @ozi

Marvin,

Apparantly (from what I have heard), there is no rich dad. I think it’s a little gimmick he uses portray his stories. As does Peter Spann… the ‘wealthy friend’ he is always referring to is actually a number of people who helped him get where he is today.

Regards,
    Ozi

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

interesting!!!
    If rich dad exists, he would own half of Hawaii, he couldnt be that hard to find.

although Kiyosaki books are very entertaining to read, I find them very repetetive and I can usaully summarise the entire context of the book in a couple of paragraphs. Still, he is a marketing machine and he has to have something to write about, even if it is padded out with waffle. Steve Mc Knight, has pretty much adpted his ideas from Kyiosaki (after doing one of his courses I believe) and his wording and phylosophies are almost identical. However, Steve, has tailored the ideas to the Australian market, so his courses may be more beneficial.

cheers
    Xenia

We buy properties in all conditions. Quick settlements, no agents required
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of hiflohiflo
    @hiflo

Hi

I’ve actually met a person who met Kiyosaki and his rich dad and according to hims the “rich dad” is apparently a nth generation Chinese-American…[biggrin]

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

I don’t think Steve has used Kiasaki as a model, maybe John Burley.

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

Robert Kiyosaki is definetly the Million Dollar Teacher, it wasnt just his books that motivated me, but gave me better ideas and strategies to really push my self forward and give me, the head start that many people dont get or understand..

Where he talks about the velocity of money, i treat that as the momentum, to the ability of my property portfolio, to continue to buy and further grow, with each added investment, not only that..

he talks about “Money is just an ideal” i guess its really hard for people to understand that, i only got it a few months ago and understood what he means by it..

Money is just an idea if you really think hard and work it out, you will understand what he means by money just being an idea, and you can see then how it leads you to an unlimited wealth creation vehicle.. its only now that i understand it, and now em’ able to work it out and understand that money is just an idea, and how easy, it can be to quickly create and produce wealth.. by understanding again that money is just an idea..

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of MITMIT
    Participant
    @millionaire-in-training

Hello Everyone

Well I went to a 3-day Business School for Investors, Kiyosaki School last June and found it amazing despite the cost. What price learning?[biggrin]. This combined with the book One Minute Millionaire given to me by an amazing man has given me a much needed shove onto this journey.

I have also read Steve’s books and attended the masterclass in Bribane today. Wow what an amazing day. I think I have a better appreciation of “running the numbers” setting up deals for win-win and more confidence as to how to handle my JOB throughout all this.

Having been to the Masterclass, I’m not sure I would say that Steve is “using” Kiyosaki’s model, I tend to shy away from those sorts of comparisons rather see each of the “Teachers / Educators” I come accross as offering something quite different. ie thiet interpretations of the others and how they have implemented certain strategies etc.

Keep up the learning it’s all good

regards
    Sue Owen

MIT | Owen Real Estate
    Email Me

Profile photo of BattleshipsBattleships
    Participant
    @battleships

If you want to get some idea of what the coaching may be like then I suggest you get hold of one of the tape sets of his seminars. These are much more cost effective ie I paid about $500 for the tapes of a $5000 3day Sydney seminar and I think the price for that one now is about $200. The Australian site that distributes here is http://www.powwowevents.com.au.
    Cheers

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.