All Topics / Finance / EMPLOYMENT?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of D.J.D.J.
    @d.j.

Hi all, Could someone please tell me if you need to be employed to qualify for finance and start investing in CF+ properties. I have recently sold my house and I am now renting so I have enough money for deposits and closing costs on a few properties. Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks D.J.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

You don’t need to be employed if you have enough of a deposit – but it would help greatly.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of RichMumRichMum
    @richmum

Hi D.J.

If your figures add up:- i.e. enough deposit then enough rent from the property and you can come up with figures that offer some proof of the rental income finance should not be a problem even if you are unemployed. You just need to look for a creative broker rather than one of the big boys.

Good Luck!

Rich Mum

Profile photo of Stuart WemyssStuart Wemyss
    @stuart-wemyss

The use of the word “creative” makes me nervous.

Cheers

Stu

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Yeah me too Stu…

Usually all of the ‘creating’ comes from the clients!

How do you propose to cover your own living costs + a mortgage if a bank only considers 75% of rental income?

I think what people are implying is you might need a larger deposit so that you qualify for a ‘lo doc’ product, meaning a self-declaration of an income… which you probably don’t have.

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    1300 780 826

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.