All Topics / Help Needed! / Time to invest – but in what…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mattnmattn
    @mattn

Evening all,

My business partner & I started a company 2 years ago outside our salaried positions to earn some extra money to invest.

This financial year end we will have 100k net profit before tax & about 12k per month moving forward profit after expenses & are tossing up ideas for investments.

We are wary the property market is cooling & the share market at an all time high and are considering 3 or 4 investment properties in SEQ as a starting point.

I already have one IP valued at 400k with 200k equity & a PPOR valued at 650k with 300k equity. My partner owns his home 750k & has no debts.

Any thoughts out there

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Please note I am assuming your are considering buying as tenants in common.

Before even considering what sort of property it would be advisable for you and your partner to sit down and work out what your individual and collective goals are. If they are out of sync then there maybe some difficulties doen the track – having said that as you are already partners this issue has probably already been canvassed.

For me – I would prefer something of quality as close to the respective cities as possible. Vacancy rates are dropping and rents are rising so any returns will be on the improve in the near future.

Obviously you will need to consider budgets etc to ensure you do not over extend yourself.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

yes be on the ame page first. One of my clients got to the contract stage and other half pulled out sighting parents “word of advice” as reason.

A lot of time wasted there. Back to square one for them sadly. Get it all in writing first so there is no he said/she said later.

Its all good.

DD

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of RentMasterRentMaster
    @rentmaster

Hi Mattn

A bit outside the square, but have you considered investing back into your own business? If it is making good profit now, then maybe there is opportunities to make even better profit by investing in marketing or expansion or something else. I dont know what your business is, or if this is an option, but thought I would mention it.

Andrew
    http://www.rentmaster.co.nz
    Software for Landlords

Profile photo of mattnmattn
    @mattn

Thanks for the comments

We have a 10 year plan mapped out which involves 6 to 10 investment properties, reinvestment into the existing business and purchasing assets that will generate income (businesses)

We are thinking of investing in the following growth areas – Coomera, Broadbeach, Kingscliffe/Cabarrita and taking a bit of a punt around Beenleigh, Edens Landing where a new Delfin project is about 18 months away.

Any thoughts on these areas.

Cheers

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Matt,

Sounds you like you and your partner have most bases covered and best wishes for your collective investment journey.

You have chosen some good areas there – our research is pointing to a couple of those suburbs as being good long term buys.

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.