All Topics / Overseas Deals / Invercargill NZ, is it a good place to invest?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Guys,

We are based in Invercargill now as some of you know. We are still buying in this city and have found that good yields are still available. I suggest anyone thinking about buying in Invercargill jump on a plane and fly down here and or get on the phone and speak with some local agents.

If you are an investor interested in a cities fundamentals you may be pleasantly surprised when you finish your due dilligence.

We could talk about some of the cool things going on down here but we are biased coz we live here and own property in invercargill. Best to find out for yourself.

Cheers

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of XeniaXenia
    @xenia

Hi Don and Liz,
    Can you recomend any property managers? I’m getting sick and tired of their “laid back, I’ll reply to your phone message next month” type of approach! Everyone I know who have property in Invercargill will not recomend their property managers, because no one is happy with them.

Since you’re already there, maybe you could consider property management as a part time job??? We certainly need reliable ones!

Xenia

We buy properties in all conditions. Can offer Immediate Cash Settlements, No Real Estate Agents Required
    [email protected]
    phone 0412 437 582

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don
    Since you’re already there, maybe you could consider property management as a part time job??? We certainly need reliable ones!

Very interesting idea Dr X. . Will have to give it some thought. In the meantime we are happy to help with any specific problems if you want to pm us as we have good contacts re local tradies and discounted material/second hand materials wholesale paint etc etc the list goes on. Could easily manage small reno’s or get some problems fixed!

There can be a laid back attitude towards management in some of the areas we have invested in and this includes Invercargill. We pencil in a day on the calender or in outlook etc an call each manager every 14 days and more often if there are issues. (you also get all the local gossip which is very helpful when you may not be around)

Generally, we will not rely on email as a form of communication but use it set the agenda for upcoming conversations. Never assume that a phone message has been passed on. The more effective the communication is between you and the manager the better for everyone. Since we have adopted this approach we have not had a single problem and there are no surprise repairs etc.

Cheers

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of arbarb
    Participant
    @arb

What are you waiting for?

Andrew.Dane

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.