All Topics / Forum Frolic / Hello from a new member..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of julz36julz36
    @julz36

Just wanted to say hello and I hope to learn quite a few new things regarding finances very soon!!! lol.. [biggrin]
    For the record, I had just finished doing an ad to sell our house myself when an agent rang and says they have some keen buyers for our place.. So, after all my hard work and lots of photocopying, the agents are coming here tomorrow to get us listed with them. gee i dunno, me and my hairbrained ideas.. thought i would do well for myself in not having an agent.. wish us luck!! [biggrin]

Profile photo of Mark KelmanMark Kelman
    Participant
    @mark-kelman

Good luck selling your house!

And Welcome to the forum [biggrin]

Don’t rush into any sale, if a real estate has keen buyers, there will be more out there.
    Do some research into what your house is worth (eg prices of similar houses in the area etc, or get a valuation – banks will usually under value a house, so take this into consideration).

And have some fun!

Profile photo of grechsgrechs
    @grechs

Good luck.

A suggestion – RE Agents will say anything and will want you to believe anything to get you to sign their listing contract…the line being used on you is the oldest line in the book.

I am selling my home myself..having lots of fun , and learning a lot in the process. The learning is the best thing, and it cant be learnt by having it listed with an agent…they try and intimidate you by saying it is a ‘risk’ to do it your self..which is simply not true.

Ask the Agent for their ‘value proposition’ and they will look at you blankly..ie, what do you get for their $10k – $15k that you cant do yourself.

good luck

Have a look at Owner.com.au..it is free, and I have found it most rewarding..there are lots of other DIY sites available, just do a google search.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

If the agent has a buyer then perhaps that buyer wil also be reading the real estate paper and wil call you himself?

Don’t trust the agent. They all have a list of buyers. If you do want to test him just offer him a 48 hour listing – see if the buyer is genuine, if not you can still sell yourself if that is what you have decided on.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of TorachanTorachan
    @torachan
    Originally posted by julz36:

Just wanted to say hello and I hope to learn quite a few new things regarding finances very soon!!! lol.. [biggrin]
    For the record, I had just finished doing an ad to sell our house myself when an agent rang and says they have some keen buyers for our place.. So, after all my hard work and lots of photocopying, the agents are coming here tomorrow to get us listed with them. gee i dunno, me and my hairbrained ideas.. thought i would do well for myself in not having an agent.. wish us luck!! [biggrin]

In the last real crash it was possible to buy a house for 10% of it’s bubble price.

Is your property nice?

Air goes in and out. Blood goes round and round. Any variation is a bad thing

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek
    Originally posted by Torachan:

In the last real crash it was possible to buy a house for 10% of it’s bubble price.

Hi Torachan,

That is a big call – buying property at 10% of its value.

I would like to hear where the property was and when the crash occured – can you enlighten me please?

Derek
    [email protected]
    http://www.pis.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    0409 882 958

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.