All Topics / Help Needed! / QLD investment?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of tjamputjampu
    @tjampu

Howdy,Im new to this site. Can anyone help me on investment in Qld? Using redraw facility on recently paid mortgage of my home, am looking to invest modestly as a retirement security in 5-7 years.Property versus other sorts of investment strategies.Ipswich a thought…any ideas??

Profile photo of boparbopar
    Participant
    @bopar

Welcome and lots of goodies within PropertyInvesting.com to aid and assist travel to your objectives… Retirement in 5-7 years through investment in property. Tall ask, but may be achievable with lotsa effort. Ipswich suggestion is potentially sound, however there appears to be a lot of profit taking from inexperienced or new entrants out that way. Rosewood / Marburg reaches offer some opportunities, along with many closer towards Bris CBD (especially given the SEQ Regional Western Corridor emphasis). Small lot development through out the area is going gangbusters, however we suggest thinking forward 8-12 years when the pace and conjection will potentially surpass Sydney. Goodna was recently identified by another major RE player as “the hotspot to watch”.

Bob Parker
    Principal
    FBP and Associates
    http://www.fbpandassociates.com.au

Delivering opportunities for you to secure your financial future.
    So…? What future do you want from tommorrow?

Profile photo of TheresaTheresa
    @theresa

Hi,
    Check out Property Investing Mag. Has an article on Aust cheapest suburbs, incl Ipswich. Seems OK but I would do my due dil. if I was considering investing there. If I was to invest in an area with a low socio-economics I would make sure that I had landlord insurance. See other posts in this forum. Good luck
    theresa[biggrin]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Tj,

Welcome to the forum and congratulations on having paid off your home. This does put you (equity wise) in a position to start investing.

However the critical information missing from your previous post is that how do want to use property as your chosen retirement vehicle. This piece of information will help you to determine which property is most suited to your needs.

I would suggest that your first appointment shoudl be with a licensed mortgage broker as this will enable you to determine your borrowing capacity – which,in turn, determines your budget limit, which then narrows down your search patterns and areas.

I would also recommend you read a few books from the following thread – this will help you to clarify your own direction.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/6845.html

Derek
    [email protected]
    0409 882 958
    Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of Sailesh ChannanSailesh Channan
    @sailesh-channan

In order to achieve your goal you will need properties that will achieve good growth.

In my opinion properties that are located close to the water or thet are within close proximity to the city will help you maximise your returns. It is also important to note that you will need to purchase properties with good land content for growth as well.

I might get shot down here but, in my opinion Ipswich is not a good long term investment as it is in a lower socio economic area, hotter in summer and colder in winter and there are acres of land available for further development.

One of the key factors of property growth is an increased demand for a scarce resource…therefore if there is unlimited supply of land in an area then your growth potential is lower. This may not be aparent in a rising market because developers get caught short with land production and prices will rise. However, once the market has normalised the real story unfolds.

As an investor your aim is to use equity from properties to add to your portfolio. Therefore if the growth is slow then your ability to duplicate is severly hampered.

One strategy I use is to created equity rather than rely on the market. I do this by doing small developments. This includes small lot subdivisions and duplex developments.

This has helped me accelerate my wealth creation.

http://www.developersedge.com.au

130073 5934

Profile photo of PropertyGalorePropertyGalore
    @propertygalore

My first response to a forum. There is a lot of development going on in Ipswich – even it’s first residential tower – which I know people are investing in. Ipswich may be known as a low socio-economic area, however, there are a substantial number of wealthy people who live there. I wish I’d purchased in Ipswich 10 years ago…what a killing I would have made. However, pricing has increased and unless you buy something to “value add” I believe it will take sometime before prices increase again.

Profile photo of SharksterSharkster
    @sharkster

Have a look at this website & see if it is of interest http://www.kaizengroup.com.au[biggrin]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Sharkster,

You will need to provide a great more information about your previous post. Without this the post will be seen by many, me included, to be nothing more than an advertisement.

Please elaborate.

Derek
    [email protected]
    0409 882 958
    Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.