All Topics / General Property / Depreciation schedule -buy now or not?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of greenjoygreenjoy
    @greenjoy

HI, we are soon heading up to renovate our investment properties but aren’t sure whether we should have air-conditioners installed and put in other costly items now before we have the quantity surveyor in before the end of the year or not. We have virtually no cash flow at present and are renovating thanks to generous relatives. Does it make any difference if we hold back till the end of the year and then just claim it on tax, or is it better for us to install and update prior to the whole depreciation schedule being done?
    I hope someone out there can help us..we would be very grateful!!
    Cheers!
    The investing greenies.

Profile photo of Greg FGreg F
    @greg-f
    Originally posted by greenjoy:
    …Does it make any difference if we hold back till the end of the year and then just claim it on tax, or is it better for us to install and update prior to the whole depreciation schedule being done?

Hi Greenies

Click “Members” on top LHS of this home page, then “Member Search”, then click the letter “D”. Scroll down to “Depreciator”, and PM him with your question.

He’s a Quantity Surveyor, and has been extremely helpful to me in the past. He can tap a whole network of Qty Surveyors, and in my experience will give you unbiased advice re your personal situation. He’s good value.

Cheers
    Greg

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

also try searching on the FORUM for past posts, i’m sure this has been discussed before.

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.