All Topics / Help Needed! / Land subdivision question

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of nathan210nathan210
    Participant
    @nathan210

Team,

A couple of questions for you:

1) If i bought a PPOR with the view to subdividing the block (STCA), would it be wise to sell the block first and then use the proceeds after CGT has been paid to reduce the PPOR loan amount, then sell the PPOR (NO CGT) to pay the remaining PPOR laon amount and retain the left over $ for another property purchase?

2) If i purchase the PPOR with a 6 month settlement period and the option to access the property immediately, can i go through the process of council approval for subdivisioin as i am still not technically the legal owner of the property until settlement?

Thanks in advance [rambo2]

It is only your thoughts that create your future – Be careful what you think!

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Nathan,

With regard to your second query, if it is Vic, you only need notify the owner of the application. I beleive you may need their written consent in other States.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of nathan210nathan210
    Participant
    @nathan210

Thanks.

It is in south oz so may need written consent by the sounds of it. would a solicitor be the best person to ask this question of?

It is only your thoughts that create your future – Be careful what you think!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.