All Topics / Help Needed! / Management Fees

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of easymoneyeasymoney
    @easymoney

Hi all,

I’ve bought my first IP in Coober Pedy and it’s being rented through Coober Pedy real estate.

I have heard most real estates take about 7.7 to 8.8% of the rent where these guys want 11%.
    I was wondering if anyone else pays this much in the area as it’s remote, or if they’re paying less.

Also under maintence/repairs they ask what I want the maximum expenditure without approval from me to be. Any suggestions on what I should set the limit at?

Thanks guys

easymoney

Profile photo of annemlanneml
    Participant
    @anneml

Hi easymoney,

That has been my experience also. In one such town I used a private manager to avoid the commercial managers and she turned into a nightmare (used overcharging tradies, charged for work not done, tenants from hell etc). Steep learning curve which probably would have been avoided with a little more due diligence on the “manager” and the management culture in the town.

I have succumbed to the system for the moment and am constantly on the lookout for bargaining leverage and a more appropriate private manager. Bargaining strengths in the city often do more harm than good in these sorts of places.

I now look for higher returns in these places for these sorts of reasons.

My maintainance limit without approval is $500 for this particular town. I may adjust that upwards depending on my trust factor.

Real Estate agents in these towns may do things that a city agent wouldn’t even consider as a possibility.

Good luck,

Anne.

Profile photo of easymoneyeasymoney
    @easymoney

Thanks Anne,
    You’ll have to make a post down the track if ya can do any better, i’ll have to do the same.

easymoney

Profile photo of annemlanneml
    Participant
    @anneml

Will do easymoney. Anne

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.