All Topics / Heads Up! / BIG Brisbane Meeting –April 2005.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of SunstoneSunstone
    @sunstone

BIG Brisbane Meeting –April 2005.

Dear guys,

Details for our next exciting BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) meeting!!!

When: Tuesday 26th of April 2005.
    Where: The Construction Training Centre
    460-492 Beaudesert Rd, Salisbury
    (For southbound traffic be sure to take the service road.)
    Ian Barclay Building (Conference Room 2.2)

http://www.ctc.qld.edu.au/Our%20Location.htm

(Ian Barclay Building is the new building to the right. Enter through the front doors and take either the stairs or lift to the second level.)

(Look for the BIG Group Sign)

(UBD 199 Ref M6). Short walk from Salisbury Station.

Dress: Informal.
    Time: 7:15pm for a 7.30pm start.
    Cost: $15/singles or $25/couples. Or become a member for free entry to BIG meetings (Both monthly and cashflow meetings). (12 months membership: $120 for single $180 for couples.; Half year memberships also available.)

Speaker: Peter Spann
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/member.php?u=3097

Topic: “How you could build a $10 million property portfolio in just 10 years.”

To many Peter Spann needs no introduction, with a substantial personal net-worth and a portfolio of over 100++ properties over 250,000 people to date have come to listen to him speak on wealth building strategies. Again certain to be another huge night for BIG, be sure to come early. ;)

(For some on Peter’s story.)
    http://www.freemanfox.com.au/article2.htm
    http://www.freemanfox.com.au/article3.htm

http://www.freemanfox.com.au

-Close meeting for networking.

Everyone interested in property or the forum is welcome to come along. (Having an IP is not a pre-requisite, only a motivation to do so.)

Why don’t you bring along a friend! (I am sure that we all know someone who can benefit in talking with other like minded people.)

(Remember networking is all about coming along and saying hello. Don’t be afraid to say hello to others there – You never know how it might help your IP journey. ;) )

Hope to see you there!

Cheers,

Sunstone (Shane).

What is BIG?

“Brisbane’s first choice for investment property networking and information.”

BIG (Better Investing Group Inc.) is a not-for-profit group of like minded people who meet monthly to network and share information about property investment.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20178

Profile photo of Yasna SimonYasna Simon
    @yasna-simon

Hi Sunstone [thumbsupanim]

Do you have any such meetings planned for either north side of Brisbane or Sunshine Coast Region?
    [gossip]

Yasna & Simon

Profile photo of SunstoneSunstone
    @sunstone
    Originally posted by Yasna & Simon:

Hi Sunstone [thumbsupanim]

Do you have any such meetings planned for either north side of Brisbane or Sunshine Coast Region?
    [gossip]

Yasna & Simon

Dear Yasna & Simon,

No such meetings are currently planned but come along we are open to talk about the needs of our members.

However…….. We already have members coming down to our meetings from Cooroy and Dagun monthly so Buderim is not that far. ;)

Hope to see you there! -Only one week away.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Sunstone its DD here just wondering if you could give me your phone number so I can have a quick chat about the meeting.

I would like to attend but its a 4 hour drive and timing etc, somewhere to stay near venue, logistics basically.

Im in Coffs dont forget.

DD

Buyers Agent (Dip Financial Services(FP)
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of fostonfoston
    @foston

G’day DD,
    We will be at the BIG meeting, hope you can make it , it would be great to see you again.You could have stayed with us Tuesday night but unfortunately we are going up to Caloundra for 4 days straight after the meeting. Hope you can make it.
    Cheers
    Tony

Life is a series of new beginnings

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Thanks Foston, you and Sue have a great break. Yes it would be great to catch up at the meeting. What would you recommend as somewhere to stay?? Basic is fine as its only me this time.

Call me on mobile if you still have it to chat.

DD

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Guys,

Look forward to attending the meeting tonight.

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of MarvinMarvin
    Participant
    @marvin

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Can’t believe I missed it.. it was today…

*Mad at oneself*

Anyone care to share some juicy tidbits for your fellow forum goers when you return tonight?

~Marvin from Toowoomba (QLD)

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” ~Bruce Lee

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin
    Originally posted by Marvin:

UNBELIEVABLE!!! Can’t believe I missed it.. it was today…

*Mad at oneself*

Anyone care to share some juicy tidbits for your fellow forum goers when you return tonight?

“Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.” ~Bruce Lee

Oh Boy, you missed a terrific night with Peter Spann. Doing a head count in the room, there were over 90 people there.

Peter was only supposed to speak for about an hour but he got all warmed up and spoke for around 2 hours! Not one bottom moved off any seat to go home early.

Peter spoke a lot about what was in his book. Things like strategy, purpose etc. He updated some of where he he is today, and how he got there.

There was something in there for everyone, from the beginner to seasoned investors. He talked about speading your risk, and gave us an insight into share markets and commercial trust investment, when the property market is having a snooze.

Some of his descriptions of certain things were hilarious. He wasn’t frightened to call a spade, a spade.

I think some, in the room may have disagreed with him on certain aspects of investment and timing, but hey, Peter is the MAN who has done it all.

Now we all have a decision to make, “Do we want to be Wealthy or Really, really, Rich?”

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

@still-in-school
    Originally posted by Marvin:

Hi Marvin,

you be a little disappointed (and maybe mad at yourself), because Peter told us his secret to becoming a multi-millionaire..

Cheers,
    sis

ps..
    honestly he was a great speaker, and land banking which he talks about is great, but also where he thinks interest rates could be heading..(is very interesting)

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of RedhavenRedhaven
    @redhaven

That’s cruel Sis, for those of us unable to get there! Please tell us about the interest rates, I am sure everyone would love to know Peter’s opinion.

Redhaven

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Redhaven, how far would you have to go to get to the meeting. I made it from Coffs Harbour NSW 4 1/2 hours away.

Well worth the trip, great speaker and a chance to put faces on forum names too. Awesome!!!

Special thanks to Foston for a nice afternoon with his wife chatting property before and to Patriza and her hubby Tony for putting me up, or putting up with me. I never get that one right????

Cheers guys, will do again when possible.

DD( Dave)

Profile photo of MarvinMarvin
    Participant
    @marvin
    Hi Marvin,

you be a little disappointed (and maybe mad at yourself), because Peter told us his secret to becoming a multi-millionaire..

Cheers,
    sis

ps..
    honestly he was a great speaker, and land banking which he talks about is great, but also where he thinks interest rates could be heading..(is very interesting)

Hahaha, rub it in Sis. *grin* I was talking about it to my girlfriend, reminding her to remind me, then wrote it in my organizer, and set my alarm on my mobile.

Well, I didn’t see my girlfriend until late, left my organizer at home, and I didn’t go home till late… and mobile alarm rang… I just couldn’t remember why I set it. DOH!!![oink]

Anyway, not only do I miss the great seminar, I was really looking forward to making friends with some like minded people. All of my friends here, well, they have a death grip on their job security.

Well, there will be a next time. Hope to meet some of you forum goers then. [lmao]

@still-in-school

Hi Guys,

Peter Spann, told us about how he thinks interest rates, could be heading up north, to quite some height, and how it might be an idea in locking them in, he then went on about, talking about the US defecit and how Asia was begining to become a very strong national, and how there defecit was simply being lowered very quickly,

anyway with the short story short, i took my mother along with me last night, she was so motivated by the talk of Peter Spann, we ended up going out today, buying a property immediately together in partnership, but not only that, my sister came along too, and from all our talking between both my mother and me, my sister, also ended up buying a property too for her self..

but Peter Spann is very motivated, but also, made mother more motivated and quick to react…

but yes he was great…

Cheers,
    sis

Wanna Talk About Stocks

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

SIS I missed saying hello to you as the networking was cut short. Was a shame to get al that way and miss you. Maybe next time.

Oh yeah wife wants shares and CPT and diversity now too.

Here we go!!!!

DD

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Sounded like a great night..

P. SPANN didn’t even make it over here (WA)last time, when he was touring with Dr John GRAY.

Least we got to meet Steve [biggrin]

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Sorry Red, why do you think I did the big haul to BIG. Coz I may not get anotherr chance again to see Peter for free.

DD

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.