All Topics / Help Needed! / buying land blunders ? anyone ?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of bacchubacchu
    Participant
    @bacchu

Hoping to learn from others mistakes if they are generous enough to disclose about buying land…experiences where when building house on land one had to pay for the extra nuances…filling land…sloping too much…soil not the best for building..trees that you were not allowed to remove and so on and so forth…how much extra you had to fork out for the problem….problems with the land that have cropped up in unusual places….or the usual places.. any experiences welcome…..thanx

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

<Following reference made to inappropriate post – since deleted – content still within context of original post/question – Derek>

You can do Aboriginal Sacred Site tests. Write to the appropriate council in your area ( there WILL be one somewhere ) giving the property address etc. And sit back and wait…and wait…and probably wait some more.

Here in Alice Springs a couple did that for a new estate, got the okay, but two years later received word that their land WAS actually part of a sacred site. Their back door literally became the back of their property, not happy.

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of HuntHunt
    @hunt

Don’t be scared off buying land. I bought an IP and was lucky to be able to buy the vacant block next door. I will make more on the land than I will on the house with no work or expense.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.