All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Common area Depreciation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of FroggieFroggie
    @froggie

Hi,
    I am the owner of a free standing Villa part of a Hotel Resort – the Villa is within the grounds of the resort
    Q) Am i able to claim an Common Area Deprication – eg: pool / golf course / private road within the resort etc
    thanks for any assistance.

FG
    You get what you get because you do what you do so if you don’t like what you’ve got then change what you do.

Profile photo of MichaelYardneyMichaelYardney
    Participant
    @michaelyardney
    Originally posted by Froggie:

Hi,
    I am the owner of a free standing Villa part of a Hotel Resort – the Villa is within the grounds of the resort
    Q) Am i able to claim an Common Area Deprication – eg: pool / golf course / private road within the resort etc
    thanks for any assistance.

FG

The simple answer is yes you can. You will need a depreciation report from a Quantity Surveyor

Michael Yardney
    METROPOLE PROPERTIES
    Author of Australia’s leading property e-magazine.
    Join over 10,000 readers each month.
    FREE subscription http://www.metropole.com.au

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

And the amount is apportioned amongst all lot holders in accordance with their share of ownership.

Derek
    [email protected]
    0409 882 958
    Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

It depends on what you actually own. Big complexes with golf course, roads etc are tricky. Although your unit might be situated within a golf course etc and you may have certain rights to use it, you may not actually own it. You may not own much beyond your building. In some cases things like a golf course may be owned by a seperate entity. This shouldn’t affect your access to it or anything like that, but it may affect your entitlement to claim depreciation on it.

Tax Depreciation Schedules
    Australia wide service
    1300 660033
    [email protected]
    http://www.depreciator.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.