All Topics / Finance / Which Type of loan?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of scheldonscheldon
    @scheldon

Hi,
    I am looking at buying a house as an investment for the short term (1-3 yrs), I plan on renovating it while it’s tenanted and then move in later.

I’m thinking of a standard variable I/O loan. I can’t see a 100% Offset account being useful??

Appreciate your thoughts.

Regards,

Scheldon

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Its always nice to have the option of the 100% offset in case it is needed. If you are going to move in eventually it would be a good idea.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of scheldonscheldon
    @scheldon

I’m looking at the Bankwest Lite home loan. Anyone had good or bad experiences with them?

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

If you are going to move in then I would use an offset account to preserve the deductible loan for a time when you might wish to upgrade the PPOR and retain the property as an IP.

No probs with BankWest.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

There is no offset available with the Bank West Lite home loan or Lite investment loan product,
    6.65% with no ongoing fees and $45 per redraw,
    Interest only terms are not available on the Lite Home loan product, and a Max 5-year IO term on the Lite Investment product.

Depending on amount of finance required, you may want to consider a pro pack with a discount off the SVR with an offset available. Cheers.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

Mobile Mortgage Market
    Ph: 0402 483 216
    [email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

if you have significant amounts of cash at hand than the offset account could be of benefit, if not, probably not.

a couple of grand in an offset for a year or two = cost of a cup of coffee (subject to local coffee costs :)

cheers

brahms
    CALL NOW…adults only (boys and girls ask mummy or daddy first) ~~ 1900 HOT BROKER ~~

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.