All Topics / Help Needed! / Problem with RE agents

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    as an agent the best deals i come across get offered to our loyal clients and the ones we have a relationship with.

as an agent I would like to add that the main reason we put the best deals to our regular clients is because there is so much scepticism from the public about agents

Now sorry guys, but isn’t the vendor paying you to get them the best possible price? The statements above raise doubts for me. Would you refuse an offer on a property you had ‘offered to loyal clients’ / ‘put to regular clients’ if some Joe Nobody walked in off the street with a higher offer?
    I’m fairly sure this is not what you mean, but some clarification is clearly required…
    Regards, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of paula_npaula_n
    @paula_n

Hi there

From my experiences (which I admit are limited, since I’m new to it all) so far I’ve come acros only one agent with a no nonsense, no time for you attitude. I didn’t find her rude just made me realise that I’ve been extremely lucky building a repoire, with the limited time I speak with each agent prior to contacting her. Even agents in different towns I’ve managed to build repoire with and they were only to willing to let me know what they thought of the area and the issues and that effecting them. So in a way they help me with checking the area out, as well as my other sources I use to try and find out as much as I can. [exhappy]

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop
    Originally posted by foundation:

as an agent the best deals i come across get offered to our loyal clients and the ones we have a relationship with.

as an agent I would like to add that the main reason we put the best deals to our regular clients is because there is so much scepticism from the public about agents

Now sorry guys, but isn’t the vendor paying you to get them the best possible price? The statements above raise doubts for me. Would you refuse an offer on a property you had ‘offered to loyal clients’ / ‘put to regular clients’ if some Joe Nobody walked in off the street with a higher offer?
    I’m fairly sure this is not what you mean, but some clarification is clearly required…
    Regards, F.[cowboy2]

it’s quite simple – a property can be fairly priced and provide an excellent return to the seller, whilst also being able to be put to a higher use by the buyer. The seller would be aware of this but just have different priorities. An example: A developer releases 20 blocks… it is a political situation and they have to price the lots low otherwise they may miss out on future government work to do more land subdivisions… so they know they could get more but they just want fast sales and they are off the plan anyway so there should be some reward for the brave that venture in. Now if you were an agent that held a listing on a few of these blocks what would you do? try cold calling thru the white pages and explaining the benefits of property investing to anyone that would listen, or call your best clients and tell them you have a money making opportunity and get it sold that day?

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.