All Topics / Help Needed! / Where to from here?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of Gav77Gav77
    Participant
    @gav77

I have built up a small portfolio using a capital growth strategy, buying in the right location, adding value then re valueing and so on. With our last reno taking 10 months too long, it really took the wind out of our sails. (Bad tradesmen etc)Considering we still love property investing, we want to continue in some way. We are now looking at what the best strategy is for todays market? Buy well, add value, sell? or hold?? Development? CF+ deals- are there any left?? Or is it best to lay low for a while?
    Any comments?

Profile photo of Fast LaneFast Lane
    @fast-lane

I would lay low for a while. Who knows what todays market is anyway? The RBA is announcing whether rates will go up again or not on Wednesday and I see the market in a mexican standoff sort of position. Everyone’s holding their breath as to what will happen, but one thing’s for sure, any new capital growth in the near future, I believe is non-existent.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

G7, no wonder you picked an icon with a frown. Not only is the Logan town house market kicking and I mean kicking along quite nicely thank you but with the announcement of the brizzy/ippy road expansion finally to take place, a lot of eyes have headed west.

With one 15 story tower approved for Ippy and another 3 on the desks of the council right now, its a brave man who says cap gains is dead.

Go look at a few of the Logan and surrounds agents and see the under contract/under offer on 6 out of 10 on their pages and things hotting up.

Average t/house in Logan is now $120k which was barely scraping $100k 2 months ago. Maybe in the area you buy in its a ghost town for deals tright now, but my neck of the woods is doing quite nicely thanks very much.

DD

PS146 Certified Financial Planner and Buyers Agent
    Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Gav,

There is oodles of +CF props still out there, off the shelf & ready to purchase, despite what the gurus say and what you hear at forums.

If you are talking about 3 and 4 bed houses in the middle of suburbia in a cap. city…OK, granted…maybe not.

One just sold near me 3 weeks ago, list price was $89K, renting at $ 230 p.w. nett, with the tenant coughing for all of your property costs. This was a cheapy…they go up from there.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“No point having a cake if you can’t eat it.”

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation

Commercial I take it Dazzling? What type of commercial property was it if I may ask?

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

Hey F,

Shop on a secure 2 year lease with a 2 year option – tenant been there for a while so high likelihood the option would be taken up….escalation clauses in the lease as well which was attractive.

You’re up early….

Profile photo of Gav77Gav77
    Participant
    @gav77

Hi Daz

Are these kind of deals in QLD? What do you find is the best way to find these, internet? Agents? friends? Is commercial property still a viable option for investing? This is an area I haven’t really looked at before.

Profile photo of oshenoshen
    @oshen
    Originally posted by Dazzling:

Hey F,

Shop on a secure 2 year lease with a 2 year option – tenant been there for a while so high likelihood the option would be taken up….escalation clauses in the lease as well which was attractive.

lol, so put that in ya pipe and smoke it F [suave2]

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.