All Topics / Finance / Finance for construction of units on existing bloc

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of Old School SkataOld School Skata
    @old-school-skata

I currently own a property with one block of 3 units on (2×2, 1×1) and have recently approached a building services firm to assist with an application for the construction of an additional block of units (2×2, 2×1) subject to council approval.

I am as yet undecided on whether i will sell the block with the DA or if i will pay a builder to construct these for me.

If i do get these new units built – could someone fill me in on finance requirements (Deposit, new loan or extension of existing facilities, likely interest rates etc)

Existing details are below
    bought in Dec 03 for $130K (80% LVR with Colonial)
    Revalued shortly after for $165K to draw down equity (80% LVR)
    Current guesstimate on valuation $220K (based on sales of other similar properties)

Would the bank use existing equity to finance construction?

Hope you can help

OSS

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

If you get a fixed price contract with a builder then most construction loans should suit.

Probably a rate under 7% and you should be able to use equity.

I cannot be more specific without more info. But I don’t imagine you will have too much trouble.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.