All Topics / Help Needed! / Property Hunters/Finders

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of Shackles OffShackles Off
    @shackles-off

Hello All,
    has anybody used a property hunter/finder to purchase property.A buyers agent i’d guess you would call them(they are not real big in Perth)The ones that go out and do all the ground work and find positively geared properties etc.Then charge a couple of grand(or more) to give you the info and do the negotiating on your behalf if you are interested in the property.
    Have seen a few samples on the net and even with thier finders fee and other associated fees added to the price of the property, still looks to be worth while?
    I work overseas and have very little time when back in Oz to source properties and am sure I miss a lot of oppurtunities when away.Just wondering if it is worth my while to go about buying in this way. At least a buyers agent can e mail me if any good deals come up?
    Any thoughts or experiences,good or bad about this would be appreciated……….:)
    Cheers
    Shackles

Profile photo of WakeWake
    Participant
    @wake

Hi Shackles

I have not actually settled on a purchase through a buyers agent, but did enter an agreement and signed a contract but the vendor pulled out after we signed (no reflection on the buyers agent). I believe that if you are time poor, and they can source deals that suit your criteria and are finacially viable for you after their costs, then its definately a good idea. Just think how much money you are potentially losing over the years in CG and rent returns by only buying when your limited times allows. You might find that if you have a particular agent in mind, there might by others on the forum who have experience with them and can give an opinion.

Good luck

Wake

Profile photo of Shackles OffShackles Off
    @shackles-off

Wake,
    thanks for the reply. Don’t actually have any particular buyers agent in mind.
    If anyone is willing to recommend one that they have found to be good to deal with I’d appreciate it :)

Cheers
    Shackles

Profile photo of ss2306ss2306
    @ss2306

Hi Shackles

Depends on which state you want to buy in but if considering Vic I can thoroughly recommend Metropole Properties, in particular Jack Henderson who is their buyer’s agent. I am currently working with him in order to find my first property and have found him to be very professional. You can check out http://www.metropole.com.au.

For any more more info feel free to PM me.

Regards
    Shelley

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

I am able to recommend Hunter House Hunters to you.

Good people to do business with.

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of Shackles OffShackles Off
    @shackles-off

Cheers for the recommendations , will follow them up don’t mind buying outside of Western Australia where I live as long as it’s a worth while exercise. Does anybody know of such agents that do operate in Perth at all , would like to check out all options?
    Thanks
    Greg

Profile photo of detdet
    @det

Simon, I was going to ask if anybody had dealt with Hunter House Hunters before. They seem very professional from the info on their website and as we too are time poor, it seems like a great service. I am now prompted to give them a call. They also cover most of Australia, I think. Thanks.

Det.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.