All Topics / Help Needed! / USA opportunity

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of jcls79jcls79
    @jcls79

Considering the recent discussion about USA IPs, I was wondering has anybody in this forum invested in ths USA and share with us regarding their experience (negotiation, settlement process, sourcing builders to do cosmetic works, getting landlord insurance and securing tenants, also how to respond to tenant’s request)?

This one is for the mortgage brokers, for any Australians (without work permits in US or greencards), is it possible to secure 100% LVR finance in any metropolitan cities in USA?

Cheers
    john

Want to join financial independence before 31 years old, currently 25

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi John,

I suggest that you send an email or PM to “Westan”. He is the forum’s resident US guru, and is going there again very soon.

You can ask to join his US database. He is planning to do some info sessions on United States, in Melb & Sydney soon I think. We are trying to get there, as I think it would be fascinating to learn about US investing.

He is also a very genuine person and a friend of ours! Good luck with the US investing,

Del & Will [biggrin]

Profile photo of jcls79jcls79
    @jcls79

Thanks Del and Will

I am actually going to the info session on Tuesday night, but just before that, I was wondering whether anybody will recommend a website or magazines or books that I can read up regarding the property market in the USA (e.g market performance, settlement process, negotiation terms)?

Cheers
    john

Want to join financial independence before 31 years old, currently 25

Profile photo of Paul DobsonPaul Dobson
    Participant
    @pauldobson

Hi John

There is a lot of information available in one particular post on the Somersoft forums at:
    http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18101

The poster, Quiggles, was featured recently in the Australian Property Investor magazine in an article about investing in the US.

I hope this helps.

Cheers, Paul

Paul Dobson | Vendor Finance Institute
    http://www.vendorfinanceinstitute.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

An alternative way to finance your home.

Profile photo of easymoneyeasymoney
    @easymoney

Hi John

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18101 This link you have already been given will show that it’s virtually impossible to get finance in the US so I hope you have a lot of equity.

easymoney

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Finance for US properties is difficult, but definately not impossible. 100% LVR is though, you can’t even get that for an IP in Australia

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.