All Topics / Forum Frolic / What Pet? What Name?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)
  • Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

I have 2 dogs, a kelpie called Tyson, Greyhound cross called Gilbert and I want to get 2 turtles called Howard & Costello!

How about you?[blink]

We are all made from Stars

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Two jack russels. Girl called tiny and the boy scampi. Not very original but one was already named before we got him.
    Good Luck

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

mini dachshund – Dashfiegle or Dashy

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Golden Retriever called Moet (after the champagne) and Float coated Retriever called Lotus (figured she would be a kind of tranquil flower-in retrospect, should have called her cyclone!)

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

One female Jack Russell named Spotty….

As you can imagine…took a while to come up with the name.

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

One female west highland terrier called Bella.

Took her down the back at the farm today and plopped her in the water trough for a cooldown on the way home

Shawn

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

two dogs.
    A westie x maltese named Buddy
    and
    a jack rusself x daschund called Buzz.

Buzz came with his name. Gets a little confusing sometimes…

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of mantmant
    @mant

BARRY our dear grey cat.

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Two great dirty big Rottweilers!

He – ‘Gabriel’ (came with the name, and her’Kira’, my wife called her that after we lost her predecessor (female) Kara. Previous male Rottie was called ‘Schultz’, mighty fine dog, all 77 Kgs of nasty snarling teeth. Scratch his belly and he was one big teddy bear.

Gotta love big dogs! They don’t break if you step on them in the dark…….[fear]

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Oh, I forgot….

we picked up a citten from the Vet (save a citty), I wanted to call it ‘Squid’ (‘cose it got a squid-eye!), but my kids (who love Monster Inc.) called it ‘Kitty’ after the big blue monster……[blink]

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

I’ve got a Staffy named Harry and I’m getting an English Pointer in a month and I’m going to call her Krishna (no joke). I had a Retriever before I had Harry named ‘Stay’. That name just confused the hell out of him! ‘Come here Stay.’ ‘Stay, Come here!’ ‘I said come here Stay!!’
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of komarikomari
    @komari

He he, lets see who knows their canines…
    I have a pure bred tricolour BASENJI called Zac (he came with the name already attached – not really fond of it myself but he seems to like it). I have previously had 3 red and white girls over a period of nearly 30 years.

So, how many said – what’s a Basenji??? Be truthful now.

komari

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Looks like property people prefer Dogs to Cats? I wonder what this means? Hmmmmmmmmm

We are all made from Stars

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald
    Originally posted by komari:

He he, lets see who knows their canines…
    I have a pure bred tricolour BASENJI called Zac (he came with the name already attached – not really fond of it myself but he seems to like it). I have previously had 3 red and white girls over a period of nearly 30 years.

So, how many said – what’s a Basenji??? Be truthful now.

komari

basenji’s are beaut dogs, v intellegent and i like their curly tales

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Basenji’s are kind of the cats of the dog world! A bit aloof and up themselves, but are very intelligent, not like my retrievers…hey look at that, foods in my bowl again, how did that get there? Oh well, who cares! Damn, its empty again, oh well, might take a nap then.

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

Hugo – Minature Schnauzer, and two black cats, Morton and Bill.

cheers

brahms
    CALL NOW…adults only (boys and girls ask mummy or daddy first) ~~ 1900 HOT BROKER ~~

Profile photo of basherbasher
    Participant
    @basher

I have a cat called Jabba (after Jabba the Hutt) and a puppy called Chewie (after Chewbacca). We have another cat called Tonka although we mainly call her princess because she acts like one and it keeps in the star wars theme (Princess Leia of course!!!)[biggrin]

Sarah Melbourne

Profile photo of RedhavenRedhaven
    @redhaven

A Ridgeback/mastiff marshmallow called Jake, a Rough Collie (lassie dog) called Keira (my baby)…a tabby cat called Tiger (I’m HIS baby).

Four foster cows named Mudcake, Honey, Lizzie and Misty…we did have a steer called Bruce (as in Bruce the Goose, he was an idiot) but we ate him.

“I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.” ~ GOD ~ (Jeremiah 29:11)

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Komari,
    The Kalahari Bushmen in Southern Africa originally used Basenji’s for hunting. They often carried them around their necks until they were ready to pick up the scent of their prey. They don’t bark but let out an amazing yodle and are capable of climbing trees.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.
    PS. I’m kind of fond of them too!

Profile photo of destined_for_millionsdestined_for_millions
    @destined_for_millions

I have a three month old kelpie x Border Collie x Coolie, i think he might have some labrador in him as well. his name is Bailey. I found him 3 weeks ago… someone had dumped him on the side of the road, and seeing nobody claimed him, i kept him.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.