All Topics / Help Needed! / Newbie – On Bird-Dogs

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of komarikomari
    @komari

Hi Everyone.
    Just wanted to introduce myself and start asking questions. I read the subject on bird-dogs in the help file and noticed 3 NZ BD’s and one in northern NSW (DD). Is there a way to create a listing of BD’s somewhere?

I have been paying off our first home for 18 months now, have 2 young boys (8 & 3) and a 5 mth old baby girl, so while I am on maternity leave, I have been reading and studying and am about to launch myself and my family into investing, and am at the point of “where do I start looking”? Does anyone have a favourite web site where they search for properties? I am trying to concentrate on areas outside major cities, but many small country town RE Agents don’t keep their web sites up to date – it’s just for contact purposes or doesn’t exist at all.

I thought making use of the services of a reputable and ethical bird-dog would give me a chance to get the feel of what to look for and where without making too many horrendous mistakes.

Many thanks for any help

komari

Profile photo of Alistair PerryAlistair Perry
    Participant
    @aperry

Komari,

Be careful with small country towns. There is always the danger they will lose value, but also many are not acceptable to mortgage insurers and/or the lenders themselves. It would be easy to find youself with no useful equity and so no borrowing capacity.

Regards
    Alistair

Profile photo of komarikomari
    @komari

Thanks Alisair, I have taken that into consideration. I am from a small town myself and I don’t think the value of our home EVER rose. What I am more interested in is cash-flow positive opportunities in the rental market, and these just don’t seem to exist in the capital growth areas.

BTW, does anyone know much about Dept of Defense housing? I know they will sell a house with a lease back to them arrangement – at least they did a few years ago.

komari

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.