All Topics / Help Needed! / Any ideas about Ravensthorpe, W.A.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of mintpattiemintpattie
    @mintpattie

Hi, I’m a newbie. Does anyone have any thoughts on the Ravensthorpe / Esperance area in W.A.? Any potential still, re the Nickel project getting underway there? Have been looking on the internet to see what stage the project is up to, but can’t see much. thanking you, mintpattie.[biggrin]

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Hi Mintpattie,

From my understanding, the Nickel project seriously commenced about 2 -3 months ago and has a construction period of around 12 months. That was based on the tender docs but knowing construction, they will want to finish in 6 months but end up taking 18!! Am sure there will also be ongoing works so could stretch on for quite some time.

As for Esperence, beautiful part of WA if not very remote. Know quite a few people down that way and love it. Perth is remote enough for me!!:)

cheers

Jan

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi there, JPD has commented on Esperance in recent post.
    Try searching, this should help.
    Cheers, M

Profile photo of the.jthe.j
    @the.j
    Profile photo of JPDJPD
    Participant
    @jpd

Hi Mintpattie,

Are you asking about Ravensthorpe or the RNO 80km east of Ravie? The construction phase of the RNO is in full swing and they are still thrashing out some of the Environmental issues with DEP. The town of Ravensthorpe is pumping with all the construction teams etc. Hopetoun is going ballistic with the state Gov pouring $$ into infrastructure, a mate and I built a cheapie 3 x 1 there 10 yrs ago. He paid $10K for the land and the house cost $15K (he has an a gift at finding bargains and 2nd hand materials), it was appraised at $245K, I think he was renting it out at $120pw for a few years. I spoke to a REA from Bishops Esperance the other day and like most of them have said, that the market has not felt any influence from RNO as yet. He went on to say that houses in the $200K to $250K late last year are now selling between $300K and $350K. Nothing much has happened to the lower end, so we will wait and see (as we have already placed our bets). Cheers.

JPD

Profile photo of honkytonkhonkytonk
    @honkytonk

Worked on a job down there and the word was BHP want their people not to settle in ravensthorp as as in 20 years it will get swollowed by the mine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.