All Topics / Finance / INDEPENDENT LEGAL ADVICE Pls help!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

I have a guarantorwho is required to sign an “independent legal advice form”

I cannot find a solicitor willing to sign ‘the independent legal advice certificate’ form saying they have explained loan docs to guarantor. Guarantor is in SA and nobody signs them there. It’s almost as hard in NSW especially considering client is in SA.

Apparently you cannot get indemnity insurance to cover you and a lot of solicitors are getting sued over signing these docs….

however my client stands to lose out big time if their guarantor doesn’t have one signed by tuesday…

a very very stressful situation as you can imagine

Any clues anybody???????

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    1300 780 826

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Liz,
    Have you checked with your BDM for a list of solicitors in SA who have previously signed the certificate on similar applications? good luck.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

Mobile Mortgage Market
    Ph: 0402 483 216
    [email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

The BDM has informed me that their risk department are well aware that nobody in SA will sign the doc. Also the SA Law Society cannot offer anybody either.

They’ve basically made it impossible.

As for NSW I cannot find anyone either, even people the NSW Law Society have suggested won’t do it. Apparently they can only witness a stat dec…

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    1300 780 826

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Sounds to me like lenders are going to have to start rethinking some of their legal requirements.
    Have you approached them, explained the “uniqueness” of the situation and requested an exemption?

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

MANY many times. I’ve even provided their legal department with the caveat relating to this from the NSW Law Society.

I can only hope the legal adviser is not a complete ignoramous – which so far is the case.

Sad isn’t it

Liz

Mortgage Lender
    1300 780 826

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.