Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of TurboBTurboB
    @turbob

Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows of the costs involved to replaster a house?

Its a victorian style property, 5 rooms need doing, 12 ft ceilings. Room size is approx 20 x 20ft. Walls and ceiling needs doing plus hallway.

If anyone has had something similar done a rough indication of the price would be fantastic.

Also [blink]a corrugated iron roof, what is the cost to replace them totally or a few sheets?

Hope someone out there might be able to offer some advice.

Thanks heaps >> b

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Turbo,

Can’t hlep with t he plastering, but the roof you mentioned. Does it really need replacing or does it just look bad from the ground? We had one that had rust spots but when we (well, hubby) investigated, they could be brushed off wiht a wirebrush, there were no holes, os we then primed with an antirust-corrosion primer and then painted over with roof paint. Solver paints have everything you need. (Cost us approx $400 to repaint whole roof, that was one coat or primer and two coats of the roof paint. We used a small spray gun and it came up a treat.

From the ground it looks like we replaced the roof.

Good Luck
    PK

Profile photo of TurboBTurboB
    @turbob

Hi Purplekiss,

there is a bit of water damage in one rooms on the roof plaster, so I think there is a small hole (the building inspector will tell me for sure). The rest of the roof looks fine, its plan iron so it shows off the rust spots easily, I’ll get up and have a look myself … might even take the wire brush [biggrin]

$400 is a great amount to spent, I bet it added 5 times that to the value of the property!

thanks again for your feedback, hopefully someone will have info on the plastering issue!?

>> b

Profile photo of TurboBTurboB
    @turbob

Hi, for anyone interested we received a rough quote to plaster 3 rooms plus a hall, 12 ft ceilings etc. The estimate was around 5 – 7K.

thanks to everyone who posted with advice.

>> b

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.