Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

I’ve been suggesting Gisborne as a place to buy for 12 months (and i haven’t had the chance to buy there myself yet[cry]).
    i know a few on the forum have bought there this may interest you.

regards westan

BEACHFRONT GISBOURNE PROPERTY SELLS FOR $1.7M

News Release Date: 29 March 2005 NZ Time.

Source: NZPA

A $1.7 million sale of a beachfront property at the seaside suburb of Wainui is proof that outsiders are discovering Gisborne, real estate agents say. While Gisborne prices are cheap by national standards, people were prepared to pay for premium sites. The house, built in 1975 and overlooking Wainui Beach, shattered the record price for a residential house in Gisborne when it sold for $1,710,000 at an auction just before Easter. The previous record was $975,000, paid for another beachfront property at Wainui in October 2003. Listing agent Neil Walker said six parties made more than 65 bids, starting from $800,000, before the property sold “under the hammer” to a woman who recently bought a property at Tolaga Bay. Harveys real estate chief executive Ross Hunter, who travelled from Auckland and auctioned the home, said waterfront property prices had “boomed” during the past five years. Real Estate Institute of New Zealand district representative and Harveys principal Philip Searle said people were “discovering Gisborne”.

USA information evenings in Melb, Syd and Brisbane in early April, email me for more info. We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi Westan

i would say I’m more interested in the ‘next Gisborne’ than Gisborne itself right now…however if you can find anything CF+ve or close to but with an upside to improve, sure, grab it – deals are everywhere even Gisborne!

Profile photo of kerwynkerwyn
    @kerwyn

Hi Westan
    Interesting read sounds really good. Have a chat to you about it later.
    Kerwyn

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

hi Westan

i would say I’m more interested in the ‘next Gisborne’ than Gisborne itself right now…however if you can find anything CF+ve or close to but with an upside to improve, sure, grab it – deals are everywhere even Gisborne!

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi mini

sure prices have already risen but look at what gisborne has going for it

1, best climate in NZ
    2 nice sand beach (yes they do have them occasionally in nz)
    3. going througha dramiatic improvement, new cafes etc
    4. big money spent on new property development
    5 biggest city for 100’s of KM’s
    6 trial of banana plantations (nz only climate good enough to grow them they hope)
    7 growing wine industry
    8 growing tourism

so Gisborne could still have some way to go (unless prices have gone crazy since the last time i was there.

regards westan

USA information evenings in Melb, Syd and Brisbane in early April, email me for more info. We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.