All Topics / Help Needed! / Interest Only Loans with First home buyers grant

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of colbert1982colbert1982
    Participant
    @colbert1982

I was wondering if anyone knows if you are able to have an interest only loan and obtain the first home buyer grant?

Or is an interest only loan associate solely with a investment property?

Cheers

Profile photo of KnowitallKnowitall
    @knowitall

Colbert you have to ask yourself the question as to why you want the loan? and who is it going to benefit. There is no simple answer as there is no simple question. If you want to see what is possible then this is a good place to start. The bank may question the purpose as I assume you will take up residence at some stage. Investment loans are providing for just what they are providing for which is investments. The real key for this question would be to enquire or telephone or even write to the bank or someone that brokers mortgages and these types of paperwork. The first hombuyers grant is great for people like yourself but you have to remain true and look as to why you do or dont want it. Some people use it to fill a void in there life that is missing.[buz2] Hope I have answered your questions Colbert. Love Knowitall.[comp]

Profile photo of Mobile MortgageMobile Mortgage
    @mobile-mortgage

Hi Colbert,
    Yes you certainly can have an interest only loan and still obtain the FHOG, Cheers.

Regards
    Steven
    Mortgage Broker

Mobile Mortgage Market
    Ph: 0402 483 216
    [email protected]
    http://www.mobilemortgagemarket.com.au

PLEASE note comments made should not be taken as specific taxation, financial, legal or investment advice.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

IO is not only for investors, many owner occupiers like to have IO as well.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Knowitall, what the …..? Colbert1982 was simply asking whether he could get an I/O loan with a FHOG. Not an invitation to spruik for your paid advisory service.

@knowitall
    Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

Knowitall,

From what I’ve read here, I can certainly believe that your services are unique.

Profile photo of jhopperjhopper
    @jhopper

Think we’ve got a live one here!!

Colbert1982, hope this hasn’t deterred you from asking questions. Generally speaking, the answers you get are pretty simple to understand and advertising is frowned upon…..if thats what that actually was.

Profile photo of MortgagemanMortgageman
    Participant
    @mortgageman

I object to Knowitalls second post being deleted. I think it should have been left up as entertainment value. [biggrin]

Profile photo of colbert1982colbert1982
    Participant
    @colbert1982

Thanks to Knowitall, i recieved the best advice ever and he really helped out.

I cannot thank him enough, it was the best $400 i ever spent..

Thanks for the advice guys

Cheers

@jhopper

Hmmmmmm….the thick plottens!

Participant
    @colbert1982

The Thick Plottens?

Are you sure you are not getting your confused words Grass J Hopper?

Cheers

@knowitall

I think you peoples need to understand the place I come from. It is not close to here. My advice is not free but not expensive. To understand why interest is an intresting topic we need to look at why banks charge it at all. It goes back to the romanian days i think. I give you your money back if you or your sisters or mothers or brother do not like me much. Real property deals come once or twice and sometimes three or four times in a lifetime. Chase it like the wind beneath yours or your friends wings. Please love god as he wants properties for his followers and to be rich in heaven. I spread gods love in here wherever here may be, even inside a computer. Negative gearing is a very bad thing if god is not a tenant and property manager in your properties.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

What place are you from?

[blink]

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Participant
    @colbert1982

Thanks Knowitall,

Dont listen to all these others, you have offered me advice that is very very important and has saved me huge sums of money.

Suggesting locking my interest only loan in on a fixed interest rate of 8.97% with your company with a stroke of genius because as your expert advice suggested, the interest rates will soar very shortly and i will be save.

Thanks a million

I would suggest everyone contact knowitall who needs timely and expert advice whether it be in relation to your religion, legal or financial advice.

Cheers

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Fixed interest rate of nearly 9% with his company? Thats about 2% over the current 5 year rate.

Either this is a punch and judy show or you have been duped/scared into paying a higher rate than you could have got elsewhere.

And for $400!

Something smells fishy to me. From your intitial enquiry to his advice and your decision all seems a bit quick to me.

Everyone please be aware of brokers who charge upfront for advice – you need to be sure that they are licensed to give advice. Unless this chap is a qualified financial planner he is acting illegally.

Thanks,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

@knowitall

Simon, I hear where your coming from friend, it is probably around the corner where your advice is good to colbert. Who is punch and judy are they clients of yours. I do not always charge dollars for my fees. Bananas can make a man like me happy with joy. I do have a license for driving investment vehicles very fast. Jesus gave the bread and the fishes to hungry people, i dont think they smelled though. Are you happy in your positions in the world simon. I thinks you need my helpers to reach out for happiness. Costs will not be upfront but deductable from taxation. We will send you informations on everything if you or your bestest friends wish to receive this information packages that show the information that I was just writing about.

Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Yes please send me your information.

[email protected]

Cheers,

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

@knowitall

I need the postals adresses for the informations I send to you is thick and full of goodness. Prince charles once said ” Information that is free is not cheap” Do you know of him. I think a wise man can change the world of property cylces if he tries to hard not to be easy. I thinking this is starting to be a friendship for lifecycles.

@jhopper

Yes, I did get the words around the wrong way if only to tie in with the theme of this thread!

Simon, I think the fish that you smell are well and truly off!!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.