All Topics / Creative Investing / Sandwich-Lease options?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of DannyboyDannyboy
    Participant
    @dannyboy

Hi there,
    On page 378 of Steve’s second book he mentions a complex strategy called ‘sandwich-lease options’, I’m not necessarily interested in using them, I’m just curious. Could someone let me know what there all about? . Thanks!

Dan[strum]

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Thats when you take up a lease option on the house and then do the same thing, you sell an option at a higher price on the same property for slightly more and you charge a slightly higher rent.

The result is a option fee an option fee to you and a margin on the rent.

Sounds good in theory, but may be hard to do – but not impossible.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of algenonalgenon
    Participant
    @algenon

Quite hard to do!
    Make sure you know your market before doing a sandwich. ie have buyers lined up before you negotiate the lease option with the owner… OR negotiate the lease option in such a way that you don’t start making payments until you have secured a buyer.
    I currently have two houses secured under lease options and have had for a number of months. This has put me in a financially distressed position because potential end purchasers have shown initial interest which has then waned.
    I am now looking to sell or rent the properties urgently, and then start again.

It is not impossible, but it is a complicated strategy… and it can be a very low money down strategy.
    BE VERY CAREFUL!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.