All Topics / Heads Up! / Which Property Book?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of uforiauforia
    @uforia

Hi,

I’ve noticed there are a few property/investment books available on this site, and also plenty in bookstores, so i’m not sure what a recommended book would be that gives a good overall insight into everthing, i suppose a bit more of a beginners guide to purchasing/investing/taxes/renting but also goes into these areas with more details with hints/tips not just saying what it is….hope i’m not asking for too much :) thanks

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Try this thread for some thoughts on a range of books.

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic/6845.html

Derek
    [email protected]
    0409 882 958
    Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of Don NicolussiDon Nicolussi
    Participant
    @don

Hi Uforia,

Peter Spanns first book is very good re motivation and practical idea. Millionaire next Door is another that I think would challenge peoples ideas one who the Deca Millionaires are and how they act/buy/spend etc etc.

Regards.

Don Nicolussi | Mortgage Broker - Home Loan Warehouse
    http://homeloanwarehouse.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

"I think of finance as a technology, a way of getting things done." Robert Shiller

Profile photo of uforiauforia
    @uforia

Thanks for the replies. I think I’m after more of a beginners overall guide to real estate then a money/investment strategy book right now….How is The Property Investor’s Handbook by Graham J. Airey?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

I recommend Jan Somers & Peter Spann stuff – it all helps you to develop an understanding of property investment.

Some of the stuff will be read more than once (it is in my house anyway) and will prove invaluable in the long run.

Derek
    [email protected]
    0409 882 958
    Property investment advice and researched property in quality locations available.

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Read as many as possible!

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss
    Read as many as possible!

I agree wholeheartedly with Mortgage Hunter! As a start I’d read the following 3 and then expand from there:

1) 0-130 properties by Steve MacKnight
    2) Creating Wealth through Residential Properties by Jan Somers
    3) How you could build a $10 million proerty portfolio in 10 years by Peter Spann.

Everyboldies lifestyle, risk profile etc is different so different statagies work best for different people. I’d start with these ones and then read anything and everything else you can get your hands on.

Regards
    PK

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.