All Topics / General Property / Property to do well in 2005

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)
  • Profile photo of roborobo
    @robo

Sorry that link doesn’t work.
    Robo

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

Terry – not sure how to elaborate… BGC are basically so snowed under that a typical house is taking 12 to 24 months to build. their order book is so bloated that if they stopped selling homes, some say it would take 2 years for them before they could clear some of their back log and get their house in order. Their prices are very competitive though – unfortunatley they have a problem in delivering. Example – a house i have, bought the block Sept 2003, house was drawn up by builder soon after, title issued April 2004, building licence applied for then contract ready July 2004 and signed immediately, sat there until December 2004, various promises to make a start, slab finally down January 2005, supervisor left company and job was left in limbo for 6 weeks until I asked what was going on, then advised there would be a 3 month wait for roof tiles, switched to different product, roof timbers now going up. The only good news is that the building price would be around 40% higher than what i signed up for. I am hoping to have it finished this year but who knows.

One of Len Buckeridges building arms did close up their display homes for a while and I think Ross North closed their doors for a while too as they only build up to 600 homes a year I think they said the other day. They say they can build in 9 months – there are a few builders that can deliver in this time frame.

http://www.megainvestments.com.au

Extensive list of ‘Off The Plan’ property available for sale in Perth.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of wayneLwayneL
    @waynel
    Originally posted by AUSPROP:

the building price would be around 40% higher than what i signed up for.

Holy Crap!

Didn’t know it was happening to that extent! I’ll have to get out of my cave more often!

Did Buckeridge ever set up that brick plant?

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Something interesting – Dale Alcock, are boasting that building time currently is 9 months in total (Perth/regional).

Ventura Homes – approximately 12 months.

Apparently House prices in south west (WA) going up 2% per month – that is absolutely frightening. Couldn’t give me the pen quick enough.[comp]

Participant
    @ausprop
    Originally posted by wayneL:

Originally posted by AUSPROP:

the building price would be around 40% higher than what i signed up for.

Holy Crap!

Didn’t know it was happening to that extent! I’ll have to get out of my cave more often!

Did Buckeridge ever set up that brick plant?

yeh compound 1% a month for a couple of years and you will be surprised what it comes out at! a friend was day late returning paperwork with their builder a few weeks back, so they kindly applied a $7500 price rise.

Buckeridge is still fighting for his brickworks. gotta admire the guy. he will be even grumpier after the govt knocked back his plans again to build a new port. apparantly there is another new port being built in the form of a new island just off of fremantle and it overlapped his proposed port.

Marisa – with Ventura home is that what they are saying or a fact that you are aware of? I am just asking as it surprises me… I have heard battle stories there. I am finding that half the problem is getting through the paperwork in the builders office… and of course anything before signing the contract isn’t included in their ‘building times’. We have worked with our builders to stream line processes there to eliminate these problems, unfortunately there is little we can do about the construction time frame (short of picking up a hammer!)

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of dmichiedmichie
    @dmichie
    yeh compound 1% a month for a couple of years and you will be surprised what it comes out at! a friend was day late returning paperwork with their builder a few weeks back, so they kindly applied a $7500 price rise

Sometimes this forum reads like a tech stock forum circa 1999. Where are the fundamentals to support this insanity?

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi John
    I have been told from Representative at Ventura homes that in South West are only taking 12 months in total, this includes paperwork.
    Stated that they dont take on more than 15 homes per month in this region.

Do I need to be concerned???

Regards, M

Participant
    @ausprop

12 months doesn’t sound too crazy, their are always situations that will be give or take 4 months. Having said that, I don’t know of any reps that are openly admitting that their company has no hope of building what they are selling, so it could be worth digging around a bit. it would be good to somehow speak to some of their cliemts – maybe drive around an estate, grab the address of a few homes that look like they could be dragging and ask Ventura if you can speak to the owners for a reference.

John – 0419 198 856

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Thanx John, I have asked for referrals and will see. Keep everything crossed.
    Cheers, M

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.