All Topics / Finance / finance

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Profile photo of supachef196629273supachef196629273
    @supachef196629273

Hello Everyone,
    I was wondering if someone could share some knowledge regarding finance.
    As with the majority of people that subscribe to this forum I aspire to achieve the goal of becoming a professional investor.
    I have always acquired finance for my properties through the traditional means of using my salary working as a chef to fund investment loans as well as a percentage of rental income.
    However every time ive purchased a new property ive had to refinance.
    My question is simply this.How do keep borrowing for further investing when the only income received is from property investing?
    Is there a formula that I should apply about structuring finance?
    Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank You.[biggrin]

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman
    How do keep borrowing for further investing when the only income received is from property investing?

With extreme difficulty. Even if you had a fully paid off property worth $500k, at a 4% net return, this would still only equate to $20k income. Rent reliance may then become an issue.
    And whilst you might use this to invest in shares and achieve say 10%, this is still only $50k.

Serviceability models tend to take approx 30% of PAYG income, 75-80% of rental income and approx 50-60% of dividend income (or so I have heard) At least initially in your investing career, PAYG income is significantly greater relative to rental income.

Don’t give up your day job – yet, at least..

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.