All Topics / Overseas Deals / kiwi adventure 2

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)
  • Profile photo of redfishredfish
    @redfish

Hey Mini,

You can’t leave us hang’n ..

Originally posted by MiniMogul:
    ..settle and I can make a 200k upside in that space of time, it is SO worth the trouble to sign it up (took me a month – don’t ask!) and the trouble to get it sorted (I.E. what I’ll have to do to earn that 200k!- don’t ask!).

I’m asking I’m asking !

Redfish[cap]

Be encouraged to run the race

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

haha, yes ‘North of Taihape’ is vague enough!

Actually there are loads of towns in NZ growing like mad – buy there! plenty of towns and deals to go around.

Just go to statistics NZ and have a good look around.

Profile photo of ayenayen
    Participant
    @ayen
    The cheapie high cashflow deals, well every man and his dog is after those. get in line!

This begs a question – how often do mid priced properties give good cashflows? What about high priced properties?

Has anyone any opinions or experience?

Andrew

Participant
    @minimogul

Mid-priced properties – well say for 300k you could get a gas station commercial property in Rotorua (66,000) for a ten percent yield, tenant pays outgoings. Or for that amount you could get a block of units say anywhere from 200k for a duplex to 1M for a larger block. That would be CF+ve.

Smaller towns, bigger deals tend to have better yields too, maybe 1 percent or so higher than what a house would be.

Then again if you are talking about just ‘nicer properties’ then the yield tends to go down.

Let’s say in a town where 75k would rent for $150 a week, if you got a house renting for $190 a week, it might be $120k

that sort of thing
    – yield gets worse as you get more upmarket.

cheers-
    Mini

Participant
    @minimogul

but then you could argue that if the house is nicer it has less risk. I.e. risk due to downturn, risk of bad tenants is less the nicer the house, risk of rental manager getting the shiznits with you less, risk of maintenance and redecoration less, risk of grief less…

a lot of people now sacrifice a little less yield for a little less grief.

grief = problems, and of course as Our Leader says, problem plus solution equals profit.

Profile photo of KaosKaos
    @kaos

How about kithomes and relocatables. How quickly can one relocate and setup a house on an empty/divided section. Any addvice as to companies to go with and/or not; in the north island.

Profile photo of reecenasreecenas
    @reecenas

Hi

i’m only new to this forum (and investing). I’ve just been reading about this KA2 and was wondering if it is too late to join in and if it is an expensive process?? Whos in charge and how much does it cost to join in? (besides the airfares etc). If it is too late will there be a KA3??

reece

Profile photo of henstershensters
    @hensters

KA2er
    Mike and I are flying into Auckland on the 16/7 at 2.30pm. We then have to drive to Hamilton. Are their any other KA2’s that would like to share the cost of a hire car?
    Penny

Profile photo of garywith1rgarywith1r
    Participant
    @garywith1r
    Originally posted by reecenas:

…I’ve just been reading about this KA2 and was wondering if it is too late to join in and if it is an expensive process?? Whos in charge and how much does it cost to join in? (besides the airfares etc). If it is too late will there be a KA3??

Hi reece, I believe KA2 is fully subscribed, but it would be worth contacting Bernadette ([email protected]) to see if there’s a waiting list and to ask her if there will be a KA3. It isn’t cheap, but those that did well on KA1 would regard it as a bargain for what they achieved. Employing local pros to source and oversee a property purchase can easily cost $5k so relative to that it’s good value. KA1 participants have told me that just being with other like-minded people and feeding off their ideas/enthusiasm/mind set was priceless.

Profile photo of reecenasreecenas
    @reecenas

thankyou gary, i’ll do that. just reading the previous posts it sounds like a great learning experience.

@kaos

KA2er
    Mike and I are flying into Auckland on the 16/7 at 2.30pm. We then have to drive to Hamilton. Are their any other KA2’s that would like to share the cost of a hire car?
    Penny

Hi I am arriving in Auckland at 13.45 and have hired a car for the duration of the trip would be willing to wait for you to arrive if you would like. I however want to take my time getting to Hamilton. Afterall it’s a good chance to have a look around as we travel down.

Profile photo of millsymillsy
    @millsy

hello KA2 people. Hope all is well. Was just wondering what you guys were doing in regards to finance. do you plan on getting pre-approval before you go over? If so, does anyone have some good contacts to deal with (i’m in Victoria).

Was also wanting to gague some interest into a possible meeting for KA2 people (or anyone else who would like to come along) perhaps in the next week or so. There was a meeting at Knox several weeks ago which i believe was a reasonable place to meet for most. Perhaps this Friday evening? Please post if you would be interested in this or feel free to offer an alternative.

Have fun all,

Millsy

Profile photo of ayenayen
    Participant
    @ayen

Excellent idea Millsy,

Friday after work at Knox City sounds like a good plan for all the Melbourne KA2ers.

It would be good to get a coffee and discuss our KA2 plans.

Andrew

Participant
    @garywith1r

I can’t make it for this Friday, but I am keen to catchup again. It would be good to get other KA1 participants to come along too. So if there are any out there who want give us some pointers then please make yourselves known. Peter’s (giraffe) insights at the last meet-up were most appreciated by all.

Since there is less than 8 wks to go perhaps we should plan to meet once in June (10th?) and July (8th?). What do people think?
    -Gary

@kaos

A get together sounds like a great idea….

Just name the time and I’ll be there. I am going to research a better location than last time however. I will have an answer by Wed night. All the best and happy researching……
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

How many coming to Tokoroa?
    Anybody want a conducted tour of Tokoroa?

Regards

Participant
    @garywith1r
    How many coming to Tokoroa? Anybody want a conducted tour of Tokoroa?

Definitely! Getting an insiders knowledge would be invaluable – how do I reserve a spot? It’s very generous of you to offer.
    -Gary

Profile photo of GailGail
    @gail
    Originally posted by GaryWith1R:

I can’t make it for this Friday, but I am keen to catchup again. It would be good to get other KA1 participants to come along too. So if there are any out there who want give us some pointers then please make yourselves known. Peter’s (giraffe) insights at the last meet-up were most appreciated by all.

Since there is less than 8 wks to go perhaps we should plan to meet once in June (10th?) and July (8th?). What do people think?
    -Gary

Profile photo of GailGail
    @gail

Ooops, meant to add a bit there Gary saying I’m keen to catch up re the meetings you’ve suggested. I’m also doing the KA2 and am really interested in sharing mine and other people’s experiences to date.

Cheers
    Gail

Profile photo of millsymillsy
    @millsy

The following people can make it this Friday:
    Millsy
    Ayen
    Kaos
    Gail

Everyone is welcome of course. If Knox sounds ok, what time? where?

Coffee club is usually ok for a sit down and chat. Up stairs there are couches and tables.

Anyone else interested please let us know.would be great to see you all there.

have fun

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 90 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.