All Topics / Help Needed! / research data on towns/cities

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of medemoz30084medemoz30084
    @medemoz30084

I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight on how to obtain the relevant information on various towns/cities. I have been searching using google but am not really coming up with enough info.Essentially looking for a break down on population including ages etc, academic institutions, possible projects for the future and the like. I’d appreciate some guidance.
    Thanks, Jan

Profile photo of emcdonaldemcdonald
    @emcdonald

Hi Jan,

you could try the census material located on the australian beaurea of statistic site :(www.abs.gov.au)
    older information is often free however you may need to pay for more recent statistics.

other forumites will also ave some good sites but i think this is a good starting point.

cheers,

e x

Profile photo of DannyboyDannyboy
    Participant
    @dannyboy

Try [www.rpdata.com.au]. They give out free general suburb profiles.
    Unfortunately other data (such as median house prices, etc) you have to pay for.

cheers
    Dan[stitch]

Profile photo of medemoz30084medemoz30084
    @medemoz30084

thank you for that info, much appreciated. Jan

Profile photo of Greg FGreg F
    @greg-f
    Originally posted by medemoz30084:
    thank you for that info, much appreciated. Jan

Hi Jan

As you’re a forum newbie, I’d like to support you by showing you how to search this site for past posts. I clicked on Search in top LHS of this home page, put in keywords :
    ~ due diligence
    ~ demographics
    ~ statistics
    ~ population
    and it gave me 202 pages of posts to read!!

The search I did is:
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/search.html?mode=DoIt

Also, click “Members” in top LHS, go to the letter M and look at Monopoly’s past posts. She often gives out stacks of due diligence websites to people who ask. Maybe you can PM her, dobbing me in by saying Greg F suggested you PM her! I don’t think she’d mind.[biggrin][biggrin][cap]

Happy reading.
    Greg

Profile photo of MelcMelc
    @melc

Have you tried looking at local council web sites? they usually have information on population services etc.

Melinda

Profile photo of Greg FGreg F
    @greg-f
    Originally posted by Melc:

Have you tried looking at local council web sites? they usually have information on population services etc. Melinda

I assume your google search will throw up the local council’s website. This is always my 1st port of call (but only the first). I just type in the name of the town / suburb, then the keywords “council”. If this doesn’t work, I click my Back button and add the word “shire”

Good luck
    Greg

Profile photo of JackHuJackHu
    @jackhu

Why do so few of us ever reach financial freedom?
    I think there are three main reasons
    1. Most people don’t believe it is possible or have given up trying
    2. Most people don’t have a specific plan for achieving it
    3. Most people are not willing ot do something about it NOW.

I am not a real estate guru, but I can share you some tips.

Several general principles will guide you as you invest in real estate. First, become very familiar with your local real estate by studying properties on the market. You may want to learn all about your particular city, is growth patters, its depressed areas, where the path of growth is likely to exend. The point is: The more you know, the more prepared you will be to invest. You can talk to real estate agents for these information.

Seize the day

We are giving away the free reports and audio files by Robert G. Allen for the next 3 months. You can email me for the free reports and audio files.

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest
    Originally posted by JackHu:

We are giving away the free reports and audio files by Robert G. Allen for the next 3 months. You can email me for the free reports and audio files.

Hi JackHu
    Without launching into an ad or promo because I don’t want to look like I’m the employed online prompter, I have a question for you.
    Excuse my ignorance, but I have to ask who is Robert G. Allen and why would free reports and audio files be desireable ? What are they please ?

Is this an ad for something or someone ? If so, please PM me instead.
    Thanks.

cheers
    thecrest

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of ProfiteerProfiteer
    @profiteer

Hi medemoz30084

If you go to http://www.propertyvalue.com.au you can get a free postcode profile…It gives you a breakdown on the area of interest ie. population, crime etc, however, if you require information relating to median house prices etc you have to pay for it.

Hope this helps a little.

Kind regards

Profiteer [biggrin]

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.