All Topics / Help Needed! / Quick Question

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of enieuwoudtenieuwoudt
    @enieuwoudt

Hi,

I am currently residing in Tassie, and renting a property here. I own a home in Melbourne which is currently rented out and covers my mortgage only. What ever equity I had, I used to purchase a business in Tassie. I am sure I can’t get any more finance from lenders. The question is do I sell the house, or the business or both to free me up, both finacially and time wise. (As I am typing this I have just answered my question, partially). I will sell the business, do I sell the house?

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Is the business making money? If you sell, you may get some money, but you will have to find a job or other income source. What about the costs of selling the business and/or house, have you factored these in?

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    Mortgage Broker
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of IbuycashflowIbuycashflow
    Participant
    @ibuycashflow

Pick up a book titled “The E Myth” by Michael Gerber. After reading the first couple of chapters you’ll decide whether or not to sell your business.

Cheers
    Jeff

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

What are you trying to achieve by selling?

Are you looking to get a bag of cash you can use to invest back into property? If that is the case I can not see the benefit in selling a property which will result in CGT expenses etc when teh cash will be rolled back into another house.
    Selling the business could be a good way to get cash but you stil need an income stream to leave and qualify for a mortgage etc. I like Jeffs comment – read the E Myth.

Cheers,

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

BTW – I was part of the MAP Program and am more than happy to answer and questions/comments you may have – Happy Investing…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.