All Topics / Help Needed! / Who are the sellers

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of pete rpete r
    @pete-r

At the masterclass it was stated that speculators buy and hold. Obviously this is a generalisation or a tendency, however, if that is the case then investors buy either from other investors or from owner-occupiers. I would be interested in people’s views as to the impact that this tendency has on the market and on demand.

Profile photo of Tigerbob_2Tigerbob_2
    @tigerbob_2

Not quite. True investors have a strategy to buy and to sell where speculators rely on luck. Speculators will sell eventually or if they need to pay debts or cash up. So they do sell but not in a strategic and planned manner is investors do.

I hope this helps.

Regards
    Tiger

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

Aren’t speculators usually traders?

In and out of a deal?

Simon Macks
    Finance Broker
    [email protected]
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

Yeah, i disagree with that, ‘hold’ is just an exit strategy and no less speculative or not as any other strategy.

I mean if you hold cash, you are ‘speculating’ that cash is still worth something tomorrow…
    or else you’d buy gold, (speculating that it would go up) or property (ditto) or shares (ditto.) But the speculative nature of any investing is basically speculating on the future actions of humans – !
    Even if I buy a ticket to LA and take 3 weeks annual leave and plan my holiday for May, I’m still speculating on actually going – because anything could happen between now and then. I could die, the airline could go bust, LA could disappear under the sea. but would anyone say I was ‘speculating’ or would they say, no, you are definitely going – your ticket is booked, confirmed and paid for, your leave is approved, you’re going to HOLLYWOOD!…so, hey, it’s all philosophy really, innit?

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

I like the saying “speculators buy, hold and prey”

Pete…

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

BTW – I was part of the MAP Program and am more than happy to answer and questions/comments you may have – Happy Investing…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.