All Topics / Help Needed! / Jerrabomberra properties

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of bacchubacchu
    Participant
    @bacchu

Was looking to buy a home in Jerrabomberra. But it seems there are two major considerations.

1. Aircraft noise since Jerrabomberra is under the flight path of Canberra airport. In the future flights are only going to increase in frequency and that would mean more noise.

2. ACT prison being constructed just 2.7 kms from Jerrabomberra. I am guessing this would either bring property prices down or it would not let property prices appreciate much.

In a dilemma as to what to do ? One the one hand there is land available to build on and the area has beautiful houses and on the other hand the aircraft noise and jail consideration.

Any advice appreciated.

Thanx

Profile photo of RedhavenRedhaven
    @redhaven

Lots of beautiful land in lots of beautiful places without prisons nearby and jets overhead…I know where I wouldn’t want to build OR buy…

Redhaven.

“I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.” ~ GOD ~ (Jeremiah 29:11)

Profile photo of kerwynkerwyn
    @kerwyn

Hi soum
    I think I heard on the radio last year when they were talking about air craft noise that Jerrabomberra would not be affected that much as the planes would be diverted further south. It was the new suburb they are going to build that will have the air craft flying overhead. The airport board did say that the noise would be very slight as the planes would be quite high over the new suburb.
    The thing I don’t like about Jerrabomberra is the road in and out of there, it can get a bit slow sometimes.
    Kerwyn

Profile photo of thecrestthecrest
    Participant
    @thecrest

At least the aircraft din would mask the sounds of gunshots in the surrounding suburbs and sounds of blasting and digging.
    cheers
    crest133

thecrest | Tony Neale - Statewide Motel Brokers
    http://www.statewidemotelbrokers.com.au
    Email Me | Phone Me

selling motels in NSW

Profile photo of eesholeeeshole
    @eeshole

Personally, I would steer clear. The jail is not that much of a worry for safety, I would think most escapees would be trying to get as far away as possible, not hanging around the area to hassle the locals. It would be more a matter of the thought of a nearby jail dampening demand and therefore future capital growth.

Profile photo of bacchubacchu
    Participant
    @bacchu

Research apparently shows that property values have never gone down in Oz because of the proximity of a prison in the area….it says that values only increase because it creates more employment and also better municipal facilities and transport near the area…..

Profile photo of GramyreGramyre
    @gramyre

Prison guards have to live somewhere…and look at the proximity of the housing estates to the Parklea gaol in Sydney …nothing but growth in that area.

Is it a problem? Are you fixing it for someone?

I know I can, I know I can

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.