All Topics / General Property / Mount Hawthorn – WA – new shopping centre

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of avranjesavranjes
    Participant
    @avranjes

Hello,

What do people think of mount hawthorn in perth, WA. it is getting its local shopping centre redeveloped and i wanted to know how much something like a redevelopement like this can, generally speaking +vely affect growth?

post up your experiences and thoughts.

thanks

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi there,
    I live near Mt Hawthorn and I believe it is a gem of an area.
    Close to Perth, great transport, village atmosphere, it just keeps getting better. Its surrounded by upmarket areas such as Leederville, Subi – what not to like?? Some pockets have great city views. (I sound like a real estate agent)[blink]

Older homes, median price around $420,000, Subi atmosphere without the price tag. Track record of Great Capital Growth.

Though rents would be poor, but what’s new, also if you are purchasing older home maintenance will hurt. Just need to weight it all up.

Another area which you may like to investigate is Joondanna, many new style villas – has had amazing CG over 10 year period, median price $338,000. Villas should provide better rent return, and depreciation will help.

All the best

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

I am surprised no other person has commented on Mt Hawthorn. I guess inner-city areas have taken second precident to coast properties.

Profile photo of DazzlingDazzling
    @dazzling

I’m interested in the Shopping centre that is being tarted up…are they selling it or just fluffing it up a bit to justify higher prices for consumers ??

What I’m not interested in are the extremely – CF headaches commonly referred to as houses and units in Mt Hawthorn.

Cheers,

Dazzling

“Go hard or go home”

Profile photo of avranjesavranjes
    Participant
    @avranjes

there shopping centre is going under a major renovation, adding new shop spaces. the development company has a open public shop on scarborough beach road displaying the plans, i have had a look, the plans are very nice, and the shopping space appears not to be packed in like morley galleria.

Profile photo of QinvestQinvest
    @qinvest

Yes Marissa, glad you mentioned Joondanna, i have been watching 2 bed villas there for about 2 years, in that time they have increased on average 100k. (150 to 250). Houses seem to be slower tho. I notice they are renting better now also, say 180 – 200 a week. Some even have city views.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

MTHawthorn – cheap cheap cheap. And yes I believe the market has been led toward the coast and overlooked many prime inner city areas (that are only 5 minutes from the beach anyway).

-CF… 26% increase in rents over the last year and similar predicted this year. long suffering landlords are finally get just reward.

http://www.megapropertygroup.com

INVESTMENT SALES * RENTAL SOLUTIONS * STRATA MANAGEMENT

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.