All Topics / Help Needed! / Cashflow 101?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of NobleoneNobleone
    @nobleone

Hi All,

I have been considering buying the Cashflow game for a while but I am put off by the (relatively) high purchase price.

If any forumites are players do you consider it to be value for money?

Does anyone have a used game they would like to sell me?

Which is best Cashflow 101 or 202?

Cheers, Nobleone. [biggrin]

“Making mistakes is just another another tool for learning.”

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

Hi big N,
    I have played 101 and it was good to get started, but plateaued after a relatively short time. I am yet to play 202, but like you, I am put of by the high price.
    I have just finished reading the “Rich dad, Poor Dad” book by Robert and, for some-one who professes to want to educate the poor, he kinda priced it out of their range, in my oppinion!

I have a house and I am working on IP#1 and I can say that I don’t have the spare $300 or $110 for the game (101 or 202 respectively).
    I seem to recall that 101 is required to be able to play 202 (you share the board)! So you’re up for $410 before you start! You can get Monoploy Gold edition for that!
    Having said all of that, I would still like to play 202 as it is reportedly very exciting, with boom/bust cycles and people going broke, etc.

Cheers
    C@34

Our greatest weakness lies in giving up. The most certain way to succeed is to always try something one more time.
    – Thomas Edison

Profile photo of BeanieBeanie
    Participant
    @beanie

From my experience if you play the cashflow games and are open to learning the lessons they teach, it could possible be the cheapest financial education will get.To me $440.00 for both games is an absolute steal for the lessons you will learn.

Live every day like its your last

Profile photo of foundationfoundation
    @foundation
    To me $440.00 for both games is an absolute steal for the lessons you will learn.

Lessons learnt from the game itself, or from the experience of blowing your hard-earned?[biggrin]
    I have played the game (101), and found it an interesting talking point (pick the strategies that work best in the game but worst in real life), and would value it (as a game, not an educational tool) at less than $100. Only it’s not.
    Cheers, F.[cowboy2]

Profile photo of williwilli
    Participant
    @willi

It is simply the best board game invented. I used to play it (202) every Monday night with a group of friends from 18 to 45 years old. The lessons learnt are fantastic.
    A must have….great holiday fun. I give it 5 potatous out of 5…..

Pete

…Beware of the dreamtakers…

BTW – I was part of the MAP Program and am more than happy to answer and questions/comments you may have – Happy Investing…

Profile photo of RedhavenRedhaven
    @redhaven

Foundie!!! You DO have a sense of humour!!!! (At least, I thought it was funny…)[biggrin]

Redhaven.

“I alone know the plans I have for you, plans to bring you prosperity and not disaster, plans to bring about the future you hope for.” ~ GOD ~ (Jeremiah 29:11)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.