All Topics / Overseas Deals / “flipping ‘ a section

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of mortymorty
    @morty

Hello all,
    I signed up to buy a section last year in NZ, 10% down and the balance to be paid when the subdivision is completed and i get title. Since then the section has gone up in value quite a bit and i’m considering on selling when title comes up in about two mths.
    So my question is this: How do i go about doing this? I kind of understand the theory but i’m a bit hazy on the actual ins and outs of the practice. Would anyone be so kind as to spell it out for a complete novice?
    Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
    Regards,
    Morty.

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Morty

if your planning to sell it after you settle on it , then its very straight forward you just contact someone to sell it for you or you find a buyer yourself. But remember you will need to pay capital gains tax in Oz on your NZ profits. So maybe it might be worth holding for 12 months so you get the 50% CGT discount.
    where’s the land if you don’t mind me asking?

regards westan

USA information evenings in Melb, Syd and Brisbane in early April, email me for more info. We find cash positive deals showing 15-25% Returns in the USA email me at [email protected] to join our database

Profile photo of mortymorty
    @morty

Thanks for your reply westan.

The section’s in Whitianga in the Coramandel.
    Is it possible to onsell it before settlement or do i need to wait until it all goes through to my name?

Cheers, Morty.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.