All Topics / General Property / property 4 sale in Cairns

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of mk2rmk2r
    @mk2r

I am moving from Cairns to Perth and have just signed my last deal for the time being. If anyone is interested in buying property in Cairns, there are some really good 1 bedders (under 50m2), I had a look at but didn’t end up buying (the bank wouldn’t let me), that I could recommend. There not meeting the 11 second rule but are close to it.

For example: 48m2 furnished 1 bedder $89,000 neg
    would rent for $150p/w

48m2 furnished 1 bedder $95,000
    renting @ $135p/w with possible increase to $140-145p/w

39m2 furnished 1 bedder $93,000
    will rent for $150 once an a/c unit is installed

All in good areas with good rental history.

Note: All have the bedroom seperate from the living area. These are not studio or bed sitter apartments.

Regards,

Guy.[smiling]

Profile photo of ZentraderZentrader
    @zentrader

Hi there,
    I am looking to get my second investment property and i don’t mind if this time it falls short of a few criteria, as wish the rent to be as close to 100% of finance costs as possible, but due to larger income negative geared still suites me…I think a breakeven attitude is better for me, as I get tax benefits and providing its a growth area all good.
    Can you recommend any houses, or flats in the 150-200k price range up there, that already have tennants…? Or can find easily? please reply to zentrader@ msn.com, cheers [biggrin]

Never Give up, Never Give up, Never Give up.
    Dalai Lama

Profile photo of GrregGrreg
    @grreg

Brokers please correct me if I am wrong but getting finance on a property less than 50sqm will normally limit your available lenders.

Also I remember a Residex report on Cairns units about 4 months ago and it was less than glowing. If I remember correctly they predicted the CG for Cairns units to be aound 0% for the next 5yrs.

Maybe they aren’t correct – but maybe they are… Time will tell.

Cheers,
    Greg

Profile photo of mk2rmk2r
    @mk2r

Zentrader,

At the top end of the market this maybe true. At the moment Cairns is being flooded with new apartments due for completion in about 6-12months time. But buying in at the bottom end of the market should be ok. Figures releasted about 1 month ago perdict growth in Cairns in the next 20 years to be better than S/E Qld.

Will be interesting how it all turns out.

Guy.[smiling]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.