All Topics / Value Adding / Can you explain the title

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of Jenny1Jenny1
    @jenny1

I have been looking for a property for my nephew and have found a run down property that I am interested in (as I can see the long term potential) has a title that says unit title not permitted dual occupancy is allowed.

In laymans terms, what does that exactly allow me to do in regards to selling off the dual occupancy
    (when/if I build)?[blush2]

Thank you

Jenny1

Profile photo of woodsmanwoodsman
    @woodsman

Unit title allows land and building to be divided into individual units, however the two dwellings are not strata titled. Would be stratum or company share title.

Therefore I think it means, that any subdivision would allow dual occupancy ie two dwellings but would need to be on separate parcels of land, not one title.

Profile photo of jpcjpc
    @jpc

This means it can’t be subdivided in to two dwellings with separate titles but it can have a second dwelling on the same title and can only be sold as one property with two houses
    Hope this makes sense
    patricia

Profile photo of colbert1982colbert1982
    Participant
    @colbert1982

I think you will find that this is a restrictive covernant that restricts where the building can be located on the allotment.

I suggest that you contact your adjoining neighbours to discussany issues that may arise. Evenif you wish to mow the grass nothing that the title dimensions may not accuratly state where your barriers are located. This means that you might be mowing your neighbours lawn and vice versa.

As a result, you will be required to take out protection works notice (form 6 & 7) in accordance with the VBR’s (Victorian Building Regulations).

Give us a call on (03)9513 3508 if you need any more help as its pretty hard to explain on he pc.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.